I have found a Bradington-Young Sofa locally that I really like. It is model 524-95 in a married leather. And yes, I can see a difference in the married leather on this sofa, vs a non-married leather on B-Y chairs in the store. But the bottom line is that I like the sofa, it is exactly the right scale and size, and I like the leather and the color. It matches my dog - a fawn boxer! And the price is good for me. But just as important, is that I can buy from my hometown furniture store, I support my neighbors, I support my local and state tax structure.

However, chairs are a whole different story. I would really like a chair and an ottoman, and a recliner for my brother-in-law. He is not at all willing to give up his LazyBoy, but my hope is that if I bring in a really comfortable chair he will come around. The chair needs to be large. He was 6'7", 240 lbs in the days he could stand up straight. Now he is a beat-up old cowboy with an artificial hip, some dementia, and not much strength. He is hard on chairs, he sits fairly hard, and relies on the chair arms to get up. And he sits in his chair several hours every day, watching TV, napping, and just sitting. I don't feel he needs a power chair yet, and he would probably rebel at one anyway. Quite frankly, I also think that mentally he needs to be encouraged to move around, sit in the other chairs, sit in his outside chair, etc. It seems from reading the posts that the Sadler and Miller are the best choices. And I feel they would look nice with the B-Y Sofa. I don't think I want a B-Y chair, I really want the extra touches I feel I would get with H&M and it is worth the extra dollars. And from what I have seen in B-Y locally and on the web, vs the H&M on the web, I like the H&M styling better. Closest dealers are one and three hours away, and not competitive at all in price. Duane will get the chair orders!

So here are my dilemmas. If I purchase a Sadler or Miller and my BIL is unwilling to give up the LazyBoy, will this chair be too large for me? I am 5'9", medium size. I probably have room for two H&M chairs and the LazyBoy, but I would prefer not to have all three. So my thought is to buy the recliner first, knowing it might end up 'my' chair. If I go this route, do you think I will be able to coordinate leather colors between the two chairs and the BY sofa using accessories and rugs? I don't think I would want to try to match the leathers, I am afraid that could be a disaster. I have my heart set on at least one red chair (probably giving up the red sofa) but I am willing to compromise on a more subdued shade to make this all work.

And lastly - any thoughts on the chair and ottoman? Something that is not huge, but that can hold it's own with the Miller or Sadler? And that I can curl up in. I like several and I am feeling overwhelmed. The Howell, the Downes, the Grainger, are all styles I like.

Thanks for reading this long post and for any help!