Thread: Need Help

puhmuckel Guest

Default Need Help

I am considering buying this recliner: Do you think this is a good deal, I kind of do! What leather do you think this is?

http://monterey.craigslist.org/fuo/1443563634.html

Default Re: Need Help

The labels and consumer material are old, haven't seen those in years. The Soho Series came out in 1996, and they put power units in them intermittently from 1998 to 2003. That was a chair that was very difficult to accept a power mechanism in, so they eventually dropped them from that frame with the last built in '03. The manual push back version is still current, however.

I can't identify the leather - probably long gone from the line.

I'd be suspect on the condition when advertised as "Brand New" and we know for a fact that its at least six or more years old. I seriously doubt someone buys a chair like that parks it in the corner unused, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

And that power mechanism is out of warranty at this point. FYI. Only the frame has a lifetime guarantee on it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

puhmuckel Guest

Thanks for the response. This guy is a interior designer and has moore stuff in storage along with this chair. It would also be difficult to get it from Monterty to Oakland.

Can you give me any info on the Sofia Sofa? I think it would look nice and clean without the nails. Can i take the cushions off? Please price it for me as well as the Sofia chair and the Luxe chair as well.

I have gone over that H&M Time and Country program over and over again and nothing appeals to me, unfortunately.

Thanks Ulli

I've had one Sophia come through the store, a re-order when we could not get the Cabo in her home. It's a great little sofa....cushions come off all the way around. Prices to you in an email.
    Duane Collie

puhmuckel Guest

Hi Duane,

Just give me the Donovan sofa. I am ready to buy now and receive it ASAP.

If I choose a non-married cover, may I then choose another lighter color or is there only Java?
    Will it fit through most standard doors?

I have sat in this sofa in SF and like it very much. I also like the lower price, thanks.

Ulli

Hi Ulli,

On the Donovan, its in Kipling Java in T&C at $ 2,519, any other Kipling at $ 2,799 plus shipping. All the Kipling hides are dark, with the exception of the Whiskey color that's a Honey Amber color. If we head over to the main leather handles, you'll be in a class 2 or 3 to get a decent lighter color and they're going to price at:

class 2: $ 3,304
    class 3: $ 3,605

It's a sharp looking piece in Kipling Whiskey if you like that color tone. This is not a small sofa, but should go easily through a 34" doorway, possibly a 33". Ping me a PM to set up an order, I can probably get a quick ship for you and if we don't wait too long you can still get it before Christmas (fingers crossed). If you want a chair, order it at the same time as its going to save a lot of freight dollars vs. getting a chair out to California by itself at a later date.
    Duane Collie