The H&M leather samples arrived a few days ago and all I could do was drool. They are fantastic! At first I was bummed because we can't agree on an H&M sectional that fits our needs and then I thought "I still need chairs!" So... I think I’ll deviate from my original plan of fabric chairs and get a leather recliner instead. I've spent hours sifting through the forum and am relieved to see that most of you agree that there is no such thing as too much leather!
I particularly liked the Milan Saddle (Duane you put an asterisk next to it – did you suspect I would like it the best? If so, GEE you're good!). It looks like many of you mix up the colors of leather though. If the sectional is a light-milk chocolate color with low shine do you think the Milan saddle will be enough of a contrast with the pull-up effect and a bit of shine? Milan Saddle does seem to have some lighter brown running through it, is the color variation visible when on a chair? I did see one example in the resource photos but I still can’t really tell. Would it look odd mixing shine with mat? Does it sound like too much brown? The curtains (wine, gold, taupe and brown) clash with many of the leathers that have a red or orange tone. I hesitate to go too light because I think it will throw the balance of the room off. There is also some black in the room, but I haven't seen much black leather in the stores lately. Must be out of trend right now?
I have also been reading the threads about the huge selection of recliners. Duane you gave the tip in one thread about keeping the height fairly consistent in the room. I'm hoping that is give or take a few inches since that gives me more selections. The sofa (I think) we've agreed on is 37 inches. The Sadler is mentioned frequently as being one of the most comfortable (I think that is what I loved in the store too) but it is 45 inches, so probably too high right?
thanks again!