Thread: Take a chance, score big! Century furniture

Default Take a chance, score big! Century furniture

Century Furniture is a premier brand in the industry, and they are huge. They are also not really what you would call budget-friendly, but the style and quality is terrific.

One of my customers who likes to shop at my store was looking for a kitchen set, modern-on a limited budget. We looked at Hooker Furniture, but no styles were of interest. I really couldn't find much for him that had the look he was after. Then Century came out with the COVID-19 sale at 10% off and bingo - found a table that was in the budget with a glass top, metal base. Score that. But that left us looking for a set of four chairs. Century has a dealer-only portal full off overstocks, one-offs and discontinued items that I go look at at least twice a week. The photos they put on that special site are terrible, taken with a 1990's era cell phone. Grainy, lousy color, no composition. UGH. But I remembered this set of four chairs that were on that portal site and they were 40% off the set. These were $ 900 each chairs that were now $ 540 each. But my customer had to take a leap of faith based on that really poor photo and I assured him "These are Century, they will always be nice" So he did, and we scooped them up and look at the photo he sent me of the set in his home. Terrific! I'm really happy how they came out and we hit his target dollar numbers with a premium set.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Century Set.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	13259

This is one reason why it pays to work with a dealer that learns what you are looking for and in return you are a loyal customer. We didn't find these overnight but it was in the back of my mind that I needed to keep on the lookout for something and it just all clicked when I saw them.

And no, I cannot repost all the hundreds of items that Century has on the dealer portal, no time to do all that. But for my regular customers, I'll keep you in mind when I'm looking around for deals that are out there.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Take a chance, score big! Century furniture

Beautiful dining set.