Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New H&M Author Chair

Default New H&M Author Chair

Here are some pics of my new Author chair that was delivered last week. Chair is from the T&C program in the Burnished Weston Cane. Duane, thanks for your help. Now I have a great reading chair in my office for those frigid MN nights!

Default Re: New H&M Author Chair

That came out really handsome! I've been really liking the burnished leathers lately. Look at all those fat wrinkles in the seat cover! Now you know you have REAL leather...
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

nhpinnacles Guest

I LOVE your chair.The leather is awesome one of the best I have seen made up.I was very surprised to see that it was from the T & C collection I will have to re- visit that program. How would you rate its comfort for TV watching?

They have some T&C pieces (not particularly recent) at a furniture store near where I live. I was similarly surprised by how nice the leather was - easily as nice as or nicer than the competitor's pieces in the store (e.g., Bradington Young). Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting T&C leather to be ugly - but the couches they had were very attractive. If you like the available combinations, it seems like a good way to save a few bucks while getting some very nice furniture.

There are some ringers in the Town and Country program, and that Author chair is one of them. There are even some class IV leathers in Town and Country. Gotta wade past the Document and Cavalier leathers that are on so many pieces.

Its easy to dismiss T&C as simply a budget program, but in truth its a showcase of sorts. Remember that H&M is not owned by a conglomerate, but by three individuals: Jack Glasheen, Jimmy Moore and Tim Rogers. They are not beholden to a Board of Directors or stockholders. These three men take great pride in what they make, and I'm sure their retirement accounts were funded a long time ago <G>. So they enjoy the showcasing of their product and if one frame and leather combo strikes one of them as really great - it can go to Town and Country simply for the fact they really like the combo and want to share it. Its nothing more complicated than that in many cases. Or, if a high volume dealer like myself calls up and asks for a combo to be put on the grouping (promising to buy hundreds of units) then it very well may show up on the next revision. Town and Country is so aggressive in price, that its never discounted a dime beyond the prices posted. Not even H&M employees or reps can purchase below the T&C prices.

Its a pretty cool way to run a business.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by nhpinnacles View Post
    I LOVE your chair.The leather is awesome one of the best I have seen made up.I was very surprised to see that it was from the T & C collection I will have to re- visit that program. How would you rate its comfort for TV watching?
    Well, you just sink into the chair and feel like you are in a cocoon. The chair is great by itself, but when you add the footstool.......well it's chair heaven!

nhpinnacles Guest

How do I get to the Town & Country speadsheet that is often mentioned on the forum?

karlos Guest

Default That is nice

[Duane how much is that chair in antelope, or equestrian leather. Looks great. My 98 528i just got totaled 10k in repairs , was rear ended at high speed I was stopped on the freeway in seattle. the whole family got whiplash bad , but were ok. Tough to find a another in the same shape I had mine. now I am shopping for maybe a 530i or e320? around 2005... any deals call me. Karl:

Quote Originally Posted by nhpinnacles View Post
    How do I get to the Town & Country speadsheet that is often mentioned on the forum?
    Included furniture is here (stickied at the top of the leather upholstery forum). The spreadsheet from 2008 is here, and the 2009 thread suggests that the pricing hasn't changed.

I haven't had time to update the price list, but the 2008 prices are NOT good right now. They will get you close, but for the most part prices are .07 higher than the 2008 spreadsheet.
    Duane Collie