Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A primer on Home Delivery Services for furniture

Default Re: A primer on Home Delivery Services for furniture

Yes, we have several delivery partners you can work work at different price levels. You may be somewhat surprised at the cost of a nearby delivery. You can also pickup yourself which is much faster and less costly, but then it’s on you to get it in your home. You can also check with a local mover in your area, they may be quicker and cost less as well.

The Keeping Room is not an agent for any of these delivery services, these are all independent companies that are responsible for scheduling and damages. That’s important to note. Many people fail to recognize that and want us to solve delivery issues. While we are happy to assist, it’s really a contract between you and the delivery service you select.
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-12-2022 at 10:10 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Yes, we have several delivery partners you can work work at different price levels. You may be somewhat surprised at the cost of a nearby delivery. You can also pickup yourself which is much faster and less costly, but then it’s on you to get it in your home. You can also check with a local mover in your area, they may be quicker and cost less as well.

.the Keepg Room is not an agent for any of these delivery services, these are all independent companies that are responsible for scheduling and damages. That’s important to note. Many people fail to recognize that and want us to solve delivery issues. While we are happy to assist, it’s really a contract between you and the delivery service you select.
    Just so I understand, you do have furniture delivery company names that will pick up from the H & M Factory after any furniture is made and that furniture delivery company will then deliver to our home in North Carolina, approx. 60 miles away? In other words, the furniture would NOT go to your store and then delivery is made from Virginia to my home in North Carolina, correct? It would just go from Taylorsville, NC to my home in NC or am I misunderstanding?

Sarah quoted a price for delivery to me privately, but I was trying to understand if that price was just the set price for Sun Delivery to deliver from H& M plant in Taylorsville to my home OR if it was from Virginia to my home in NC. Sorry to be asking so many questions. I guess I'm trying to figure out where the furniture delivery would start from.

It would be great if my husband and I could pick it up at the factory, but due to health issues, not having any other people that could help us, etc. it would be best for us to have a furniture delivery service doing it for us. Yes, any names you can give me would be great.

Typically the delivery companies pick it up from the maker, not from the store. The exception is for furniture going to the store for store stock, or going to the store for a local delivery that the store will do themselves. Your stuff would go from H&M to your house, not to Virginia.

Danww9 is correct. We do not have it come to our store first, it is picked up at the factory then delivery is arranged at a time and date between you and the delivery service.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Danww9 is correct. We do not have it come to our store first, it is picked up at the factory then delivery is arranged at a time and date between you and the delivery service.
    Thanks for clarifying Duane!