Thread: Which laz-y-boy recliner?

Default Which laz-y-boy recliner?

We decided to go the recliner route for a comfortable nursing chair that then works for our living room long term, and it seems like soo many people like laz-y-boy. But... which model? We looked and they have like 10000 different choices and I just can't decide. Is there one you loved or hated? Help!

edit - found this guys - chairsadvisor.com
    Last edited by jaisonpeters; 10-01-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Default Re: Which laz-y-boy recliner?

If you are going with that brand buy the one that fits you best and has a style you like, within your given budget. Construction will be the same on across the styles.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

LaZboy is not very good quality and it will probably last you through your nursing period but not much longer. Take a look at Bradington Young for a good maker on the price / quality scale.

Well, since you posted a link to the chair advisor guy, I will tell you that’s the biggest load of crap I’ve read in a long time. That’s pure propaganda for the brand. I don’t like to rain on anyone’s parade and you didn’t ask for an opinion on that maker per se, but they are pretty far from being top shelf. Last time I tore down a La-Z-Boy I was aghast at what they used for frame components, I could not believe it. Multi-layer cardboard for frame elements. But I digress.....
    Duane Collie

In Oct 2018, we bought a Lazy Boy loveseat recliner for my mother, a Grayson recliner for me and a Fletcher recliner for my wife. The Fletcher was delivered with two different style arms. They took it back and replaced the chair with a new chair. In the past month, the Fletcher sways back and forth and the power unit is falling down underneath. The footrest on my Grayson started to not stay up. I found a bolt sheared off underneath the chair and saw that it was the bolt that holds the yoke on the drive rod. The yoke is now twisted up like a pretzel. My mom's loveseat sees little use. But we have had 3 of 4 chairs fail. My opinion is that Lazy Boy is junk. My parents had 2 rocker recliners for decades that got hard use and they were great. I suspect that in the past 10 years Lazy Boy has cheapened their product significantly. I don't even want to pay Lazy Boy to fix the chair because at this point it is just fixing junk. Meanwhile, I found this forum to try to find a high quality recliner to replace mine. I'm looking at Bradington-Young and any others that are of similar quality. I will not buy any chair that is made in China.

The best motion units are ones that have mechanisms made by UltraMek or Leggett and Platt. Look for their labels by the footrest when the chair is opened up. I will ONLY carry manufacturers that use those to brands of mechs. UltraMek is made in Tennessee, Leggett will be either Mississippi or China for production, though I find due to the high cost of shipping now from China, all mine come with the "made in USA" sticker on the mechs. They are equal in quality.

Power mechanisms take less wear and tear than manual units. Manual units get slammed around and abused more, so they can shear rivets, if you want a long last mech, get a motorized one and use a surge protector on the plug, they are problem free.
    Duane Collie

Thanks for the info.