Thread: Excited to get my first Hancock and Moore sofa(s)

Default Excited to get my first Hancock and Moore sofa(s)

Today I unpacked my two new French Curve sofas by Hancock and Moore, to deliver to my home this Saturday and replace my old Leathercraft sofas which are 17 years old. These will be the very first Hancock and Moore sofas I have ever personally owned! While that may seem strange to many of you considering how many units I sell and how fond I am of the brand, the truth is they are just as expensive for me as they are for you. Last November my Son-In-Law fell asleep with a full, open beer on one of the sofas during Thanksgiving and it spilled all over the seat cushions and stayed there all night as I had gone to bed. So in the morning, the casings were trashed (standing / soaking alcohol is really bad for leather). So I told my wife it was time to replace these old Leathercrafts, they are tired and need to go to the basement TV room. Then Covid arrived and that was NOT the time to order two new sofas for myself, who knew what was going to happen? Not I. Not anyone. Well, business was more brisk than every before, so I finally pulled the trigger on two new ones in July and ordered them. I had a lot of fun unpacking them today - FINALLY - I get to own two H&M Sofas of my own. They are beautiful, too, after I unpacked the first one I just sat in it out at the warehouse before loading it into the truck enjoying it for five minutes (I don't do that with customer sofas, I'm sweaty!). Of course a burnished leather (Hyde Park Cognac), gimp on the base, and the expensive but had-to-have-it optional hand-lacing and ultra down seat cores.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Excited to get my first Hancock and Moore sofa(s)

Will look forward to seeing pics of your new sofas when you have a chance!

Here they are, a pair of new French Curve sofas by Hancock and Moore in Hyde Park Merlot Burnished (GR 3), Mesa wood, R & S Nail Trim, Self-Gimp, and optional Hand Lacing on the arms. My wife says "I forgot what they looked like, but I really like them and they smell so good!"

There is a H&M Monaco Lounger in the same leather (it's about a year old) and an H&M 072 Cocktail Ottoman in Tuscany Harness that is several years old in the room as well.

The only one not happy with the new sofas is our little Cairn Terrier Gracie, because she can't perch on the top of these and look out the windows.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new3.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	13387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New2.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	13388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New1.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	13389
    Duane Collie

And the old.....

When you buy good furniture, then it lasts a long time. Our old set was just tired, but certainly not used up by a long shot. We moved it to the basement media area and it's still presentable. Two Leathercraft Robinson Sofas about 17 years old, a Southwood Leather Chair and Ottoman about 30 years old, and a Bradington Young ottoman that's probably 15 years old. The BY ottoman is actually a better color match for what's upstairs, but the H&M Campaign Ottoman is so much nicer, we prefer to live with the color disparity and keep the high quality H&M ottoman upstairs.

Looks pretty good for an old set! It will go another 15 years or more here. Probably longer than i will last! Now if I can convince my wife I need one of those 72" TV's there, I'd be in business.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old1.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	13390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old2.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	13391
    Duane Collie

Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing

Wow! That is one handsome sofa and I love the choice of leather! Congrats, you deserve it! p.s. keep the SIL off it this Thanksgiving!