Thread: Story not about furniture

Default Story not about furniture

Well since nobody has posted a fluff story for one of the stools yet I figured I would start.

When I was a kid I loved the rock group KISS. My dad would take me to a place called Paragon park at Nantasket beach to the arcade and I would play the KISS pinball machine for hours.

This went on for quite a few years until I got to the age when I thought I was too cool to go with dad and started going with my friends. One day they decided to sell off the park and build condos.

I always had a great memory of that era of my life. After my dad passed I always went back to that time in my life when I was feeling down and just the thoughts would cheer me right up.
    One day back in the mid 90s before I new what a computer was we had a local classified mag called the The Want AD. It was like Craigslist but in print and was a great but dangerous mag because if you read it you would buy something.

One day I was reading it and came across an ad that read KISS pinball machine. I called the person selling it and it was aprox 45 min away. Made an appointment and went to see it. When I arrived I was told it did not work. The guy selling it was my age and told me the his dad purchased a bunch of machines from the rental company that had the machines at Paragon park when they were closing it down. I purchased the machine and started my research.

Ended up learning a ton and fixed the machine myself. ( I have and electronic background) When I was inside the machine sure enough I found a tag that read Paragon#323. I was in heaven. I have no proof that this is the exact machine that I played but chances are extremely good that it is.

Now as an adult when I have a bad day at work all I need to do is go to my toy room and play a game and I am back in time with my dad over my shoulder.

Anyone reading this that has teen children near them let them read this. You are never too cool the have your parents with you. Enjoy them while you have them. And build some great memories. They will help you in life for years to come.

Goodgal Guest

Default Re: Story not about furniture

Loved the story. I have a Kiss story too , not as touching as yours but good nonetheless lol.....When I was around 15 (many moons ago) in the 80's, I was in Fayetteville NC on a Thanksgiving visiting my grandparents (RIP) They were getting up in age and we did not expect her to cook for all of us and there were around 25 relatives that gathered. We ended up going to the nicest hotel in the city that had a buffet for Thanksgiving. While in line we were behind band members. The waitress said the night before there had been a concert and these guys had white faces and all this makeup on and one guy had a scary tongue. None of them had their stage makeup on but the band was KISS! a scant few years later when they became really famous I could at least brag that I celebrated thanksgiving with Kiss! I just wish I had gotten autographs but back then they were just starting!