Thread: Rock House Brands (Century, Hancock and Moore, Jessica Charles) malware attacked

Default Rock House Brands (Century, Hancock and Moore, Jessica Charles) malware attacked

On Saturday Nov 1st, the Rock House Brands servers were compromised due to a malware attack. That means Century, Hancock and Moore, and Jessica Charles (of the lines I carry from them) computers are all shut down, as are their other companies. What that means is no dealer can check your order status, get new orders entered, make changes to an existing order until they resolve the problem. Right now they expect it to be a few more days, but they don't know for sure. It's a big problem, and they can only work on items that they currently have production tickets already printed. I'm not sure if they can ship completed products, as that is all computer-generated, I suspect they cannot.

Additionally, Century price lists are all on-line through their server, so most dealers/decorators cannot even quote a price on Century as they have no paper price books for them.

In 2020, it doesn't take much to shut down a company, one malware attack and most the operations grind to a halt.
    Last edited by drcollie; 11-03-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Rock House Brands (Century, Hancock and Moore, Jessica Charles) malware attacked

Update,

Everything is still down at not only the Rock House Brand Companies (seven different labels including Century, Hancock and Moore, Jessica Charles, Highland House, Hickory Chair, Pearson, Maitland Smith) but also other companies have been hit, I have heard Baker and Bernhardt as well. They are totally shut down as far as doing normal business such as emails, order status, accepting new orders, price quotes, shipping, custom work, cover availability, etc. Basically all they can currently do is work on items already in the process of production.

Looks to be Friday before they expect to be back up and running, one full week will have been lost then a lot of catch-up to do.

Of the lines I carry, Taylor King and Bradington Young / Hooker have not been affected.
    Duane Collie

Default Re: Rock House Brands (Century, Hancock and Moore, Jessica Charles) malware attacked

Any word on if the system issues have been resolved? Assume they will notify parties of any information that might have been comprised.

Finally - after a whole week of being knocked out, the computers are back up at Rock House Brands as of this past Saturday Afternoon. I have submitted all orders being held and all sample/swatch requests. it's going to take them a while to catch up at all those companies affected, but they will get to it all eventually.
    Duane Collie