Thread: Most Comfortable-H&M Austin High Back/Tilt Back 2038 or Westwood Tilt Back 2062?

Threaded View

Default Most Comfortable-H&M Austin High Back/Tilt Back 2038 or Westwood Tilt Back 2062?

Hello, I'm a new member and before I ask my question I would like to thank Duane for providing this helpful forum, and all the knowledgeable members who contribute.
    I've decided to buy one of these chairs along with its matching ottoman. Comfort is by far my number one priority and I'd be sitting upright in it most of the time. Appearance is secondary but I like the way both of these chairs look.
    As far as comfort goes, there are two specific things I'm looking for. First, I would lean towards the chair that has more lumbar support if one has more than the other. Second, I would also like it to come up high enough in the back so that I can comfortably lean my head back and have my neck be supported. If one supports the neck more than the other, that would lead me towards that one. I'm 6' tall and 168 lb., just turned 65, and find that things hurt more than they used to, which is the reason I'm looking for a really comfortable chair.
    I have read everything I could find on this forum about these two chairs, there being of course much more information on the Austin because it's been around a lot longer.
    Duane, when the Westwood first came out around 2016 I saw comments from you that said you thought the two chairs sat about the same, that the comfort was similar. Later on, I saw comments from you indicating the Westwood was the most comfortable chair H & M makes, and that you and others preferred it over the Austin.
    If that is the case, do you prefer it for comfort, and specifically how do you prefer it for comfort?
    Furniture stores near me in central North Carolina do not have either of these chairs in their showroom now. I was able to try an Austin 3732, a power swivel recliner, which felt good as far as lumbar support but needed a little more neck support. The store also had an Austin 3032, a wall hugger recliner, which just didn't feel quite right, it wouldn't get upright enough.
    I'd be grateful for any insight and experience anyone has about similarities and differences between these two chairs.
    Last edited by Carolina guy; 11-23-2020 at 11:12 PM.