Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow Delivery Times

Default Re: Slow Delivery Times

Thanks for posing Josh - good to see you here!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

One of the things that is happening is shortage of components in the furniture industry right now, in addition to reduced work forces due to Covid. Recliner mechanisms, suspension springs, certain leather covers - all running out.

There are no excess inventory to buy - anywhere. I have been on the phone looking for additional showroom pieces to get a "discount" and there are none. Knowing there is a wave of price increases coming next month, I am going to just bite the bullet and order floor stock at regular prices for my showroom, that way I will have something in the store to sell in May and June. There won't be floor model markdowns on this new stock, because everything is going at regular pricing. However, it will be a pre-increase pricing so that's a plus.

I can't emphasize enough the coming price hikes AND the wait time to get furniture. If you want something by May/June, you should really get your order in soon, and forget about expedited orders, those are just not going to happen.
    Duane Collie

All Century Furniture orders went up 2.5% today. If you had a prior quote, please add on that percentage.
    Duane Collie

An update to this thread. By now everyone is used to supply chain shortages and long time delays, its across all industries.

In talking with Hancock and Moore, they are excited that production has improved by 2% over orders. Now, that's not a lot, because it means an existing order may finish three days sooner than the 6 month average being quoted, but it's the FIRST time they have been able to gain on backlogs in a year and a half, so the trend is good news. Stationary is improving quicker than motion, because recliner mechanism makers still have trouble getting product to the furniture makers. Long wait times will continue on motion for some time, perhaps one to two years, and that is across all makers.

Please don't think your existing order is going to be ready a lot sooner, because 2% is not enough to move times noticeably.
    Duane Collie