We hear about Covid on the new every night, and today I agreed to admit my Mother to Hospice upon advice from her physician. She contacted it at the Assisted Living Facility she has been in. It's difficult - a very odd feeling - when you can't go see them. You hear about it daily in the news, but when it happens to you, then you really get an understanding what it's all about, that you can't go to the hospital this time and can't even say goodbye.

She founded this store (The Keeping Room) as an antique shop in 1979 and it has evolved to what it is today under my direction, but it all started with her. She was not a very good businessperson, more interesting in making new friends and visiting than making a profit, and had no clue what a gross profit margin was. A lot of people knew my mother Lucy, but probably few here on the forum, most those customers have moved on. She made it to 94 years old, so she had a good run.

My phone is ringing constantly from nurses, relatives, hospice, the assisted living facility and so on. Please excuse me if I am slow to respond to your requests. A lot going on and of course I'm distracted by it all as I am sure anyone would be, plus I will have the store closed all day Saturday as I have clean out her Assisted Living Apartment, where the clock keeps ticking at $ 300 a day.

Thanks Duane