Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Emilio Sofa, Chair and Ottomans in Tiburon Java

ViviV Guest

Default Emilio Sofa, Chair and Ottomans in Tiburon Java

I want to share some pictures of my recently delivered Emilio set. I ordered it in Tiburon Java which is an Italian Pull up leather, GR 3, from Duane and The Keeping Room. We live in Texas and delivery was by West Express / A&O. Everything was perfectly delivered minus a minor scratch in the wooden leg of the chair and a minor rub on the leather of one of the ottomans. Minor stuff, the driver fixed the wood scratch and we added a little wax cream to the rub on the leather and it's not too visible (its on the side, lower panel of the ottoman --you'd have to have your head on the floor to really see it if I told you where it is!)

The furniture is so heavy and it's impressive to see it delivered as it's carried by four big guys who are almost cursing under their breaths and sweating due to the weight of the pieces!! The sofa and chair are HEAVENLY to sit on! Everyone loves them! We ordered it with extra "stuffing" and with the 21 oz cores and there's nothing hard about them.

The Tiburon Java leather is FABULOUS! It is amazing to see its markings and the true artisan work that goes into making these pieces. I can see fat wrinkles, bites or other little round marks and differences in tone that make the pieces so unique. its hard to capture the true color of the leather in the pictures. It looks really shiny and reddish but it's not. It's a medium brown. The leather is not slick or slippery. See the picture of the sofa arm and you'll see the fat wrinkles and bites.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender_4.jpg 
Views:	1307 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	9463

Name:	FullSizeRender_1_1.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	9464

Name:	FullSizeRender_1_2.jpg 
Views:	1064 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	9465

Name:	FullSizeRender_4_1.jpg 
Views:	879 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	9466

Name:	FullSizeRender_5.jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	9467

ViviV Guest

Default Re: Emilio Sofa, Chair and Ottomans in Tiburon Java

Here's a few more pictures:

Name:	FullSizeRender_2_1.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	9468

Name:	FullSizeRender_3_1.jpg 
Views:	558 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	9469

Name:	FullSizeRender_5.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	9470

Name:	FullSizeRender_6.jpg 
Views:	639 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	9471

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	9472

In the last view you can also see the two Crossmoore Swivel chairs (Hancock and Moore also) that we also ordered from Duane. These are upholstered in a Taylor King fabric. The fabric is a Crypton fabric called Rampone Pewter. The chairs are just magnificent and so is the upholstering job.

We are truly happy with our furniture and with the amazing service that Duane provided us.

ViviV Guest

The upholstered Crossmoore swivel chairs:

Name:	FullSizeRender_2.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	9473

Name:	FullSizeRender_3.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	9474

They are simply lovely! Thank you Duane!

Looks Great in your room, Viv! Thank you so much for being a customer and enjoy your new Hancock and Moore pieces. That leather will develop a wonderful patina with use and time - Italian pull-ups are hard to beat.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

MJM_CA Guest

Looks very nice!

I can attest to the weight of the Emilio sofa. I also had mine delivered by 2 guys from West Express. There was definitely cursing under their breaths due to the weight. They said that the sofa stays with the house!

I can see why you chose Tiburon over Gaucho Mocha - the Tiburon is more formal looking and goes well with your traditional decor.

P.S. Glad you got the 21 oz cores. I had mine changed out to the denser cores and it balanced the seating better since the sofa has a very high back.

ViviV Guest

Thanks MJM_CA! Your input and pictures really helped me out when trying to make decisions a few months ago.

I agree on the sofa being high backed. It doesn't look it and if the seats are too soft you could really sink in it/ be swallowed by it. I don't know how popular this style of H&M sofa is but I think it gets overlooked. It is an amazing statement piece when seen in person. Clean lines and really massive size/weight. I can't push /shove /move the sofa no matter how much I've tried. :} We are thrilled with our new furniture.

The Tiburon Java looks more formal in the pictures but it's really not as shiny as the photographs show it. It so soft and supple! I have to run my hands on it every time I walk by the living room! It has already streched out and is pooling even thought we've had it for only 1.5 - 2 weeks. In fact, we were wondering if we actually did get the 21 oz cores because the seats are very soft. I looked at them but the numbers on the insert don't tell me anything.

Yes, you definitely have the 21 oz cores, here's the work order! Note the model numbers have a custom designator as we added frame depth on your pieces.

Name:	6503831F-D9F8-490F-9C6A-1216DF817250.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	9483

I have seen in the past year a marked preference for firmer cushions from many customers. In fact, so many that I think it's a trend. 18 oz is standard at H&M, 21 oz firmer, then 24 oz, 28 oz and so on. I rarely suggest anything beyond 21 oz (except for my plus + sized customers who I will suggest 24 oz). If the trend continues, then I will ask H&M to poll their other dealers and think about making 21 oz as a standard. We will see.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ViviV Guest

Oh yes-the 21 oz are there! Thanks for checking Duane! It's interesting to see the trend for firmer seat cushions. My husband suffers from back pain so a firmer sofa is always more comfortable for him. I like to curl up into the sofa, so I'm okay with most seats. BTW, the seats are extremely comfy and not hard AT ALL.

Additionally, we wanted to avoid too much pooling of the leather on the seats so we ordered the 21oz for this reason too. The pooling we see already might be happening because the leather is so soft --this is my guess --I'm not sure. The leather is extremely soft, buttery and supple (almost stretchy in nature) like a fine leather glove. We haven't used it much (a week and half!) but we do love, love, LOVE how it feels and are happy owners!! Falling asleep on it is SO easy for me to do!

Duane, one question about how this leather will change with time: patina, etc. on Tiburon..... in your experience, have you seen it darken/deepen in shade? or will it lighten in shade? (assuming no staining due to body oils, assuming no sun -that living room window behind the sofa gets no sun due to the covered patio right outside- and assuming that the maintenance is kept up, etc.). I read somewhere (can't recall where) that ALL aniline leather will become lighter/discolor with time. Is that true? I'd like mine to deepen/darken in time.
    Last edited by ViviV; 02-15-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Hi, ViviV.

You've done a terrific job with that room! It looks elegant, warm, and inviting. I love the soft, muted color scheme...easy on the eyes and relaxing. Your little pops of what appears to be robin's egg blue are just lovely. Absolutely yummy leather selection, as well!

TXCajun

ViviV Guest

Thanks TXCajun! .... you're so kind! It's been a labor of love.... ;> and yes I've tried to introduce that little bit of color that runs through the room but doesn't over power. Good eye! Thanks for the compliments!

Now I just have to finish convincing my dear love to remove the sides (or curios) of the entertainment center and the living room will be done. ;>