Thread: Replacement lever for Austin power recliner

Default Replacement lever for Austin power recliner

I have a power recliner I bought from The Keeping room three or so years ago. Children climbed on, and I thought damaged the reclining mechanism, which I replaced, but must have damaged the lever control instead. Where can I get a replacement for that? I can find plenty of button replacements, but few arms. And how difficult is it to replace? It looks like I’ll need to remove the base of the chair to get to it.

Thanks.

Default Re: Replacement lever for Austin power recliner

Send me an email and I will help you get that part. Keepingroom@gmail.com. Be sure to include all your contact info in the email including phone and address.

It's VERY rare to have damaged the switch, they almost never go back unless a soda has been spilled on them. Did you double check all your electrical connections? I find 95% of all switch issues are a result of the wire having pulled out of the switch or where it goes into the rectifier / transformer / motor.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

It looks like something may have been spilled on it, as I see some residue from something on the hardware below.

In terms of connections, I can find four total. There are two in the transformer brick, and then two on the reclining mechanism, one connecting to the switch, and one connecting the power to the mechanism. It doesn't look like I can disconnect the wire at the switch itself.

Is there an easier/better way to access the switch aside from taking the entire bottom mechanism off the chair itself? It looks like there are four screws connecting the chair to the reclining hardware.

You should not have to remove the mechanism to check the switches. Usually you remove the seat cushion and then pull on the layer over the springs to get an inch or so access and then you can get to the switch, but I don't have that model in the store to look at for the specifics. Most switch replacements take 5 minutes and the wire is part of the replacement switch.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.