Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hancock and Moore leather quality issues

Default Re: Hancock and Moore leather quality issues

Great News! They will be picking up the sofa and ottoman to be recovered! Thankful!

Duane, will you share more of what happened on the Capri Butternut?

They will also pick up the Capri Bordeaux chair for repair. I requested that the H and M representative look at the photo to see if the spot on the side panel is a scrape or a natural scar that is to be expected. Would appreciate input from anyone on the matter. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200518_135939.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	13762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200518_135949.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	13763

I can't tell you what a relief it is to receive an answer and have my faith in H and M and the dealer restored! I was questioning my sanity for spending nearly $20K for the six pieces that I thought would last us the rest of our lives.

That is great news. I hope we get more information. The mark on the cushions looks like a scar to me, but I am no expert, and it looks like an area that should have been cut out or cut around as Duane said. The wear on the piping bothers me the most. The dryness in the arm area looks like lack of conditioning, but doesn't make sense in new leather unless it was something that sat in a showroom warhouse for several years with no care. They don't even recommend cleaning and conditioning until the furniture is a year old. Since this is a hide I would like to use, I would really like to know what you find out and what H&M does for you. Thank you for sharing your experience and keeping us up to date on the response you have gotten.
    Last edited by SueCT; 03-17-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I have seen this happen before on Capri. It's rare. I have had this situation occur twice over the years. .... I can't comment any more beyond the above as it involves another dealer and their policies.
    Duane, will you share more of what happened on the Capri Butternut since my dealer is picking up the sofa and the 1.5 ottoman next Tuesday?

They will also pick up the Capri Bordeaux chair for repair if we want. I don't know if the spot on the side panel is a scrape or a natural scar that is to be expected with Capri. Would appreciate your opinion on the matter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200518_135939.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	13777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200518_135949.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	13778  

I'm sorry, I don't want to get in the middle since your dealer is taking care of this for you. Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.