Thread: Change the width of Milan Sectional

Default Change the width of Milan Sectional

Currently my wife and I are looking for the sectional sofa, and both Milan (MD21 + MD42) and Youway (Y31+Y42) are under consideration. Although Youway provides several customization options, my wife still prefer Milan sectional with slightly shallow depth and lower seat height. Also milan is more contemparily designed, which may fit our existing decoration better. May I know if we could change the width of Milan LAF loverseat (MD21) from 61" to 84"? If we change the width of the sofa, is it still 2 over 2 cushions? My main concern here is that if it is still 2 over 2 cushion, it will make the chaise look dwarfed and become imbalanced. Any suggestions are highly welcomed and thank you very much!

Default Re: Change the width of Milan Sectional

H&M will do customs on almost anything, but maybe not right now while their business is crazy. If they did a big change like that I am sure it would be a significant up-charge. I assume they would do it 3x3 cushions and basically look like the Milan sofa with the chaise on the end.

Default Re: Change the width of Milan Sectional

While H&M will custom build this for you - realize you must be careful when you become a furniture designer and make radical customization to a piece. And you own it once its built. So yes, they can expand that out to the size you want and also lower it It would look better to have a three cushion sofa segment with chaise vs a two cushion. Or, of if want to keep a 2-cushion sofa, tell us what you want the overall length to be and widen the entire sectional to keep all cushion widths the same (the chaise would widen as well to maintain proportions). That way you keep the visual proportions in sync.

In effect, you are creating a brand new piece, not modifying an existing one. Let's say the standard version is $ 10,000 in a nice leather. With your custom features its going to be closer to $ 15 to $16K and no returns, 50% deposit, and you might see it by Christmas if you order soon as a custom. Even standard pieces are quoting for August right now.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.