Thread: Shipping Quotes and Time Frames

Default Shipping Quotes and Time Frames

The orders keep piling in, and if my store is getting 4x the normal amount of upholstery orders, others are too. The industry is overwhelmed with orders and no matter whom you order from I can guarantee you the following:

1) No one can give you an accurate time estimate to completion. No one. Not any dealer, not any manufacturer. Foam shortages due to the Texas storms has put every USA-maker on allocations, and there is a LOT of foam in domestic upholstery builds. So the correct answer is "It gets here when it gets here", and personally I would allow for 6 months from date of order and you may get lucky and get it sooner. No amount of "pushing" on your part is going to accelerate your time frame, sorry. If you need/want something sooner, buy it off the floor.

2) All sale periods are pretty much gone. They don't need the extra business. Us dealers can't even get special floor model promotions right now. Some manufacturers have put a moratorium on new orders.

3) Container ships have long lead times, so imported product is taking much - much longer to arrive.

4) Delivery and Shipping Quotes have to be estimates only, Rates are likely to be different by the time your special order is completed.

It's frustrating for all involved, you as the customer and me as the selling dealer, and for the manufacturer who can't get the supply chain parts as quick as they would like. Patience is the key. Whatever you do, PLEASE think twice about cancelling an existing order you may have because the "new" dealer you spoke on the phone with promised you a shorter delivery time if you would switch your order to them. They can't make good on that promise and all that really happens is you start again at the back of what is an already very long line.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Shipping Quotes and Time Frames

This send out today from Taylor King, its like this across all manufacturers in the business.

Business Update

MAY 13, 2021

Dear Taylor King Customers,

The foam supply issue continues to remain the single largest hurdle in sufficiently increasing our upholstery production. On a positive note, we have experienced an increase in supply from our poly and cushion suppliers over the past several weeks. However, the increases are in small increments and are still not adequate to meet the full capabilities of our production team. We are in close contact with our suppliers, and we are working diligently to maximize our production schedules. We are currently quoting 24-26 weeks for any new order, but I fully expect that number to improve as our poly supply increases. We have proactively retained our outstanding work force, and they would like nothing better than to get back to a forty-hour work schedule, plus overtime!

We share in your frustration in the length of time it has taken to remedy this situation. We will not be satisfied until we can once again provide reasonable and consistent ship dates expected of Taylor King. You have always known our company to have accurate communication from our outstanding customer service team. The constant shifting of our production schedule due to the poly crisis has caused orders to be delayed from dates previously promised. Although this situation is out of our control, supplying the most trustworthy information is a core principle of Taylor King.

As the poly crisis developed, we halted the completion of our High Point showroom presentation to focus on customer orders. That being said, our showroom will still be open for business at the June High Point Market! Outstanding fabrics have always been our forte’, and we couldn’t imagine having another year of just a single market fabric introduction. We will also showcase several new frame styles. New photography and samples of all these great fabrics and leathers will be made available to you and your design teams later this summer.

We all are enjoying a high demand for home furnishings at every level. Taylor King will continue to push forward to do everything in our power to assist you. You have my personal pledge to lead that charge, and we have a dedicated and qualified team that supports that effort. Thank you again for your loyalty to our craftspeople and our entire company!

Sincerely,

Del Starnes
    President and COO
    Taylor King Furniture
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.