Thread: Fully Vaccinated

Default Fully Vaccinated

I received my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday morning - zero side effects other than a slightly sore arm such as one gets with a flu shot. My wife has been fully vaccinated for some time now as she works for the County Schools.

I will still have the mask requirement in the store and sneeze barriers up, but it's been difficult to maintain 6' distance from those shopping as the store is small and most customers want me to come look at their leather choices or help me select, so that closes that 6' distance down to 2'. I will continue to have safe protocols in the store such as wiping down the counters and computer used out front, as well as the front door handles and staircase bannisters.

Stay safe everyone.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Fully Vaccinated

Yay! Just remember to give it a full 2 weeks minimum before relying on it to protect you. Our Women's UCONN basketball coach is currently quarantined after testing positive for COVID shortly after receiving the second vaccine. Since it can take up to 2 weeks after exposure to turn positive on tests, it is possible he was exposed before the second shot too, but either way, you aren't free and clear yet. Lets hope the new variants are all controlled by the Pfizer. So far it appears they are. I am glad you are that much closer to being safe. The data isn't out yet but so far it is looking like the risk of also being a carrier and passing it along after you are vaccinated is very low. That protects your customers as well. Lets hope the data verifies that when we finally have the numbers. I am always happy when people share that they have gotten the vaccine. It might seem less scary to those who are still reluctant.

Oh yes, I am not easing up on precautions at all. Even though its like what...92% effective I'd be that 8% it didn't work on!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Nice! I was finally able to schedule my first shot, I'm getting it on Monday. My wife is in a higher risk group and she had her first shot a couple of weeks ago and is getting her second on the 30th. Even having it scheduled is already such a relief.

Pfizer tested two similar and equal size groups in their phase 3 clinical studies. One was a control group with only placebo injections and the second with the 2 dose protocol currently being used. Of the total 75,000+ in the 2 groups there were 170 positive Covid 19 infections. Of the 170, only 8 were from the vaccinated group and 162 were from the placebo group. This is how the efficacy is determined at approx. 95%. Actual results in the general population is showing slightly lower efficacy results. The good news is none of the 8 positive cases in the phase 3 results required hospitalization or succumbed from the disease. Moderna had similar results in their phase 3 clinical studies. J&J reported lower efficacy but their study was done at a different period, in different countries and included patients exposed to newer variants of the virus. The good news was their vaccine also showed 100% effectiveness in preventing death and serious illness.