Thread: CR Laine Recliner

Default CR Laine Recliner

Hi, I was wondering if you know about the quality of CR Laine recliners. They have one that looks like a good style to go with a sectional they have. The leather sample I received, however, is very thin and soft. They also do not offer spring down or a firmer cushion choice for this particular chair. The chair is filled with 1.8 density foam in their Hallmark cushion. I am concerned that the leather will wrinkle as it will be a recliner that will get heavy use.

Default Re: CR Laine Recliner

Leather thickness is generally not an issue, too thick and it becomes very difficult to tailor. I can’t tell you about the build, never looked at them, though generally that label is not considered a premium brand. If it has a Leggett get and Platt mechanism, or UltraMek, then that’s half the battle in a motion piece.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you so much. I thought CR Laine was a premium brand but I'm rethinking it now. I was going with Taylor King but I like the Austin sectional in CR Laine. I needed the recliner also. I just received a yard of the Inside Out Rollo Zinc I was able to find for the sectional. I'm not sure about that either at this point. It seems a little stiff.
    I appreciate your advise.

Inside Out Rollo is 96% Poly, 4% Olefin with a 72K double rub value. Hold that fabric swatch up to your cheek and see how comfortable it feels. Poly/Olefin blends can feel scratchy sometimes and ones set up for a 72K rub durability in particular more so and expected to be somewhat stiff. You will find holding it up to your cheek is a better determination of the "hand" of the fabric than using your fingers. All man-made fabrics will eventually "pill" as well. If you decide to go with a fabric motion piece in a sectional, I would recommend you buy about 12 extra yards and store it away. The two end units at the arms will wear about 4x faster than the other areas of the sectional if they are motion and that way you have the fabric to recover those two chair areas without doing the entire piece.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.