Thread: Out of Gas

Default Out of Gas

Gas is sold out here in Northern Virginia due to panic buying. There are (15) gas stations within ten minutes of my store and they are all sold out. I don't believe in panic buying because I don't want to add to the stress on the system, but I am down to 1/4 tank on my vehicles! Hopefully the Pipeline will get back up and running in a few days, or I may be riding my bicycle to the store (16 miles each way from home), and I don't want to ride my bicycle up all these hills!

Hopefully there will still be diesel fuel for my delivery truck, I haven't checked on diesel......if you are planning to drive in or around the Wash DC region, know the stations are empty.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Out of Gas

I am down to 1/4 tank also, maybe a little less. But there haven't been any stations sold out around here that I have heard of. I have to work the next two days and then I have a week off. I may pick up Saturday, but I do have a little gas in cans at home. Anyway, I should probably stop on my way home tomorrow, but their computers are back up again according to the news, so I was thinking it won't last too much longer. Lets hope.

Time to get that motorcycle out and ride it to work! Bet it get's better gas mileage than your other vehicles. This time of year is perfect for bikes!

OK, now I don't mind my furniture taking a little longer before I make my way up to pick it up in Taylorsville. Hopefully, this gas shortage gets resolved before my furniture is ready for pickup!

Yes, the Harley has 2/3s a tank, so it will get put in the commuter rotation cycle for sure!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DED0DFE8-C902-40D7-96AF-2365909B971A.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	290.6 KB 
ID:	13843
    Duane Collie

I just heard on cable news that they have restarted the pipeline. They are saying shortages will continue for a few more days while it winds its way through the pipeline again.
    Last edited by SueCT; 05-13-2021 at 05:25 AM.

The problem here in Northern Virginia is not a lack of fuel, the big storage tanks are full in and around the area. The issue is panic buying, which drains the product from the stations and still must be transported from the tank farms to the gas stations by tanker truck. There is not a fuel shortage per se, it’s a logistical problem created by people in a panic. Even flowing fuel in the pipeline, you still have the issue of getting it to the stations, which will only resolve when everyone has their full tank of fuel in their vehicles. Many people ran out to get fuel that are still working from home and don’t really need to top off.
    Duane Collie