Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock & Moore 2022 Town and Country Program (and Just in Time)

Default Hancock & Moore 2022 Town and Country Program (and Just in Time)

Attached as a .pdf.

This is a dealer catalog, there are no consumer versions, so some of the language used in the brochere will not be applicable to you as a shopper, just disregard it. Not every dealer qualifies for this promotion, it requires a significant dealer investment in floor stock. I am using the PDF right now through the link so we can get this out to you, if anyone wants to volunteer and break out the PDF to individual pages and post them here, that would be hugely helpful and appreciated. For now you can download it by clicking on the file below.

TC Brochure April2021.pdf

And here are the leathers you can use on every piece. The lowest price will be the inset leather in the brochere which will be the Married or JIT cover. For those that don't have inset leathers shown, HANDLE 1 is lowest price, then HANDLE 2 higher, and then the BURNISHED program which you can get on every piece. There is also a fabric program using Jessica Charles fabrics that you can use on every piece.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PG1.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	13898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PG2.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	13899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pg3.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	13900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PG4.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	13901

So what can you do and not do in Town and Country?

* Standard Finishes are at no charge. Premium finishes available for an upcharge
    * Your choice of nail trim color
    * You can request extra firm cushion cores are no charge. Spring Down or Ultra Down cores available for an upcharge.
    * No custom dimensioning allowed, no leg swaps, all custom work takes you out of the T&C program pricing
    * On non-married covers, you can use two-tone leathers on your build within the ones offered.
    * No Cuttings for Approval on Married Covers
    * No Dye Lot Matches are guaranteed on Married Covers
    * Disregard the quicker "Just in Time" ship dates for now, nothing is shipping quickly due to foam shortages.
    * This is Year 'Round promotion and the only "sale" offered by H&M for 2020.
    * Photos shown in the catalog are not accurate to the actual leather, samples are free of charge.
    * On Certain Frames, you can get the Loveseat for that item (if offered) which will be at the sofa price point.

What is a Married Cover? It's know also as Pre-Cut, Pre-Sewn. Manufacturer's are price sensitive to consumer wants and look to lower the cost when they can. In order to do that you have to reduce labor costs or material in the build. The Hancock and Moore mission is to never build less than the best so they look to reduce labor costs. To do so, they must go to China, Vietnam, South America, etc., and source both a leather there, and labor to cut and sew the cover for a specific frame. They they order these "kits" by the hundreds and have them shipped to their warehouse. When they get an order for a married cover piece, its all made in the USA in their Taylorsville NC plant and then when its ready to leather they pull the kits from the box and apply them.

Items that are NOT Married Cover are 100% made in North Carolina using American labor. That means all the Handle 1, Handle 2 , Burnished and Fabric covers posted above. And that's why they cost more. All leathers are imported, only the labor to assemble changes.

The 2021 Program gives you more flexibility and choices than the one that came before it. You can decide if you want maximum economy and get a Married Cover, or something more exotic and go with a wonderful Italian Burnished leather. Choices are good! Any questions, please ask in this thread.
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-26-2022 at 05:27 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore 2021 Town and Country Program (and Just in Time)

NOTE: These prices are no longer relative as there have been three price increases since this post. (01/28/22)

I am going to give ONE example of how pricing kind of works out on this program (as well as main line pricing), and will have to pull this down if there are complaints or someone foolishly prints this out and walks it into another dealer or calls Hancock and Moore about it. It only takes one person to ruin it for everyone else, so that's up to you folks here on the forum. Be smart and use this as a guideline and it will help a lot of people in their shopping.

Prices are not exact and rounded, but very close from my store only and does not include shipping or taxes as applicable. These approximations have a cash/check 3% discount built into them, Credit cards add that percentage back in. This gives you an approximate idea of the price structure and lets you see how the cover affects the pricing.

Using the # 1080 Sami Recliner (manual) as the example. This is the Town and Country price structure below:

In the Married JIT Covers $ 1,950
    in HANDLE 1 Leathers $ 2,200
    in HANDLE 2 Leathers $ 2,350
    in T&C BURNISHED $ 3,300
    in FABRIC Textures $ 1,700

Now, if none of the leathers you like are in the groups above, we go to the main leather handles where there are (9) grades of leather. For all practical purposes, unless you are using an embossed, lasered, or hair-on-hide, you won't be going past a Grade 4 leather. You also go to the main handles if we are doing modifications to a piece. Using the same 1080 recliner, here's how the numbers would approximate.

Grade 1 $ 2,580
    Grade 2 $ 2,890
    Grade 3 $ 3,170
    Grade 4 $ 3,620
    Grade 5 $ 4,000
    Grade 6 $ 4,380
    Grade 7 $ 4,750
    Grade 8 $ 5,140
    Grade 9 $ 5,520

Example, in Kip Bisque which is the married cover on the 1080, you are at $ 1,950. However Kip is a GR 1 leather in the main handle, so outside of the T&C Program it would be $ 2,580. That's a $ 630 price difference, which is significant. Your local dealer may not have this program, so don't berate them for being "too high in price", they have to work off the main line price book if they have not bought into the Town and Country promotion.

The married cover program exists because labor in China or Argentina is much less than US labor to mark, cut the leather and sew the hides. Let's say you are a very particular person and absolutely must have a dye lot match for a pair of recliners, then you go to USA cut and sewn so the hides are out of the same batch and would be at 2 x $ 2,580 or $ 5,160 for the pair, vs taking a chance on different dye lots and buying those two in T&C for $ 3,900 and saving $ 1,260. Me? I can live with a slight dye lot variance for the savings.

Want Fabric? There are fifty + price grades I am not going to type out here.

This shows how wide the spread can be just by changing the leather on the piece. That's why when customers call me on the phone and ask "How much is a 1080 Sami Recliner?" I will reply with "What leather do you want to price this in?" The response to that is usually "ahhh...I don't know, what's the range?" To which the correct answer is "$ 1,950 to $ 5,520" and no one wants to hear that! They think I'm being flip, but as you can see - there is much variance. And when I get an email that says "Please price out this piece in all the covers", that won't happen because I have to hand-calculate every price, and also see go to the Town and Country program to see if the item is in there. So, do yourself a favor and have an idea of what you want to configure on your pieces before you request pricing to avoid frustration on everyone's part.
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-29-2022 at 05:47 PM.
    Duane Collie

Thanks for posting these! A couple of new pieces/arms that look interesting. Seems like the big upcharges are the labor for burnishing

Quick note for all - be sure to order leather swatches. For example, since Duane has a current contest running with the Juno Oyster and I'm familiar with the color, take a look at page 40 on the Redford chair + color sample. Colors are pretty far apart!

Quote Originally Posted by sam_g View Post
    Thanks for posting these! A couple of new pieces/arms that look interesting. Seems like the big upcharges are the labor for burnishing
    It's partially the labor to burnish, but the base hides in these burnished groups are pure aniline Italian Pull-Up leathers they use to burnish, whereas the majority of all leathers in the Town and Country program area either leathers from South American tannerries or ones in China and are finished leathers, not pure anilines. There's a really big difference in the hides.

Originally they were not going to offer any burnished leathers in this promotion revision due to the prices those hides cost, but several dealers (including me) pushed hard to have them included, so they did.
    Duane Collie

Hi Duane,

I really enjoyed meeting you and seeing all the great pieces on your showroom floor last week - glad I made it before the big storm! Although I’m not local, it was worth the road trip (from NC)!

Thanks for giving me some great options to consider and providing me the price quotes including how I could save significant money by looking at pieces in the Town and Country and Just in Time programs, and using the married cover option.

In addition to your knowledge about all things Hancock and Moore (and furniture in general), I really appreciated the fact that you were trying to save me money. Not many salespeople in this day and age would quote a customer a price on specified pieces and then provide an unrequested quote to the customer to show them how they could get the same pieces (sofa, loveseat, chair) for less money - so refreshing and so appreciated. (For those of you reading this, Duane is the real deal - knowledgeable about the products and really tries to understand your needs. I know we’ve all experienced situations where someone tries to "upsell" you with additional options that you “need” - that's NOT how it works with Duane. It’s so rare to have someone show you how you could spend less money in their store!) Thank you, Duane – lots of integrity – and fun to shop with, too! No doubt, that’s why you have such a loyal customer base and a big following in the forum.

I’m still torn (despite the savings) about the leather choice – I know I’ll be living with these pieces for many, many years. I went in thinking I wanted pieces upholstered in Nirvana Navy, but the Juno Soft Blue is beautiful and if I look at the Rikki sofa/loveseat in the Juno Soft Blue (the married cover option for those pieces) – there is an incredible value story there. And I know I need to make my decisions in the next day or so to beat the price increase.

If I go with the Juno Soft Blue, I may want to include a recliner and chair - still pondering. Can you suggest a few leathers that would coordinate well with the Juno Soft Blue? I’m thinking I’d look at doing the Rikki chair and the recliner in the a leather that would compliment the Juno Soft Blue Sofa and loveseat. Hoping you can throw out some suggestions that I can look at – just helping me narrow down the options, know I’ll need to check out swatches, but hoping you can help me hone in.

Also, can you suggest a couple of recliners – looking for comfortable, but a smaller sized recliner that isn’t too tall so that it will look ok on the same side of the room as the Rikki chair. I’d like a recliner that’s a comfortable chair to sit in , as well as to recline in (will actually get more sitting time than reclining time.) A few styles I looked at online: Ghent NC7000, UL7187 SIG and 7201-PR Brooks – all looked comfortable, but a little more scaled down than some others. I see the Ghent is part of the T&C and JIT collections, how does that one sit?

Thanks again for your time last week and for taking questions on the forum – really appreciated.

Thank you! Sarah and I try to run our store as if you were our friends, not a "mark" with a dollar sign on your forehead. One of the things I absolutely dislike is an adversarial relationship with clients, where you don't trust us and we try to sell you more, more and more. That has never been our store and never will be. We try to do right by our customers and have a more laid-back approach in the store (want to see that kick into high gear, just engage me about sports cars or Sarah about dogs). We understand if something is outside your budget, what we sell is not for everyone. We will even send you to a competitor if we think they can better fit your needs.

The Ghent Recliner is hugely popular, one of the top sellers. The UL-7187 Sig is a newer design and based off the Ghent, but designed to be a little more compact and cleaner. Seat height is lower, which is good for ladies and overall its more compact. I would probably use this one to companion with the Ricki Chair and UL series pieces are usually slightly less expensive than the main line ones (same builds) as its Urban Logic and targeted towards a younger, smaller space clientele. The Brooks has a bit of a rigid look to it, and lacks that nice wide arm to balance your iPad on top of.

As for colors with Juno Soft Blue, I'm partial to any of the tan / dove colors to go with it, something like Nirvana Linen or Nirvana Putty. GR 1 leather puts you in the Sig under $ 3K.
    Duane Collie

Thanks, Duane!

Hi Emery,

Thank you for your kind words! We recently did a Ricki Sofa in Juno Soft Blue and paired it with a recliner in Angelo Putty (Grade 2) for a customer. I have Angelo Putty on my H&M sofa at home and it is a wonderful neutral. Angelo Putty is also available in the Town and Country program.

Hope this helps!

It is helpful - thanks, Sarah!

Default Re: Hancock & Moore 2022 Town and Country Program (and Just in Time)

Hancock and Moore has added fabrics to the Town and Country promotional program and we just received our store samples today.

They are called H&M "Textures".

These are fabrics that on Town and Country promotional pieces that will have better price points than ordering off the main line fabrics. There are 24 fabrics (all under the Jessica Charles label) to include the colorways of:

* Navarro (6)
    * Rico (2)
    * Shropshire (4)
    * Ba Ba (4)
    * Cozy (5)
    * Marino (3)

See them all here, and you can request samples free of charge https://www.jessicacharles.com/Products/Fabrics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fabrics.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	14316
    Last edited by sarahc; 01-26-2022 at 05:44 PM.
    Duane Collie