Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you to all my customers

Default Thank you to all my customers

I want to take a moment to thank everyone that has made a purchase from my store, especially the last year and a half. Your support has allowed me to save enough money to buy a badly needed new delivery truck to replace the Transit that was wrecked by an inattentive driver who hit it on I-95 in February. My main delivery truck, a 2011 Isuzu diesel, is old and frequently broke down, so having a smaller backup truck means we can continue deliveries when that one is in the shop. The new Ford also allows us to stretch our delivery distances for less cost which is helpful if you live further away from the store. I know I could use a delivery service, but then I lose control over the final mile delivery and prefer to use my vehicles with my crew.

My wife said to me, “Are you going to retire in the next year or two? If so, you don’t need to spend $50,000 on a new truck.” I said, “No, I’m not. I like what I do, my customers are great, I’m really good at it, so I’m in at least another five years and will rethink it when I’m 72, health permitting.” And I still would like my daughter to take over the business one day, if I can convince her to do so.

So thank you everyone. You made this new truck possible. It’s made in the USA by American Union workers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A0C967BD-7E45-49D1-9702-D4DC27FE3933.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	13913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3271438D-A368-4863-BCD6-34A7C0D01711.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	13914
    Last edited by drcollie; 05-31-2021 at 12:09 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Thank you to all my customers

Grats on the new truck!!!

Congratulations! Boy, it's cavernous inside!

Do we have any graphic designers on the forum? I want to letter this truck, but understated, not garish. Input on my lettering design?

Or, take the plain one, and show me what you can do in Photoshop. All input appreciated, it's only going to get lettered once!

BONUS - if I use your design, you get a $ 100 store credit towards any purchase.

Name:	T1 letter.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	13922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T1.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	13923

Name:	t3 back.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	13924
    Last edited by drcollie; 06-02-2021 at 02:01 PM.
    Duane Collie

And my sign-makers design. His is better. Comments?

Name:	2021_Transit_Van.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	13936
    Duane Collie

I like them both, but I like yours better. His will stick out more because of the red lettering, but yours is classier and tells us more. Do you want people to know you deal in fine furniture, not big box stuff? Many people will not know what Hancock & Moore is, but from your design I would assume it is fine furniture. From his, I would have no idea. Is he concerned references to fine furniture would put people off who might think it is out of their range? Just curious why he suggested taking some of the information off.

I think I will rework the designs and incorporate the best from both. I find it takes about eight to ten layouts to get the right one, its not something done real quickly.

Plus, Hancock and Moore has some concerns about my putting on # 1 Dealer on the lettering (even though it's true). That tends to really make other dealers go ballistic when they see that on the road (I get that, too). There may very well be a new category of dealer evolution such for higher volume, expert stores that qualify to be a "Master" or "Premier" Dealer, rather that # 1, etc.. It's a work in progress.
    Duane Collie

I do think you should include "furniture" or "fine furniture" somewhere, so people driving down the road will know "The Keeping Room" is a furniture store. It could be as simple as that second design and putting "fine furniture" after the word Room.

Congrats on the new van! It is always such a contrast when they put such small wheels on them, while passenger cars just keep getting bigger wheels. The van makers know smaller wheels = more comfortable ride and better fuel economy, they care more about practicality than aesthetics.

I like the addition of a second color, but I like font in the first one better. Blue would be nice instead of red, also. Red is more of an attention getter, though, I guess.

I MUCH prefer your design, Duane. I find it very classy and love the font. I don't care for the red (although it does attract attention) or the font of the second. It doesn't strike me as a good match for your store (although you would be a much better judge of that than I). That said, it is true that the side of yours might not attract enough attention driving down the road. I think when stopped at a light or on deliveries, though, it attracts the right amount of attention. The back is sufficiently bold with large enough type to get people reading and I imagine that while in motion the back is more important than the side in terms of getting views with enough time to read and digest the entire message.