Thread: Frette sheets -great price

Default Frette sheets -great price

Frette sheets are some of the worlds finest, and what my wife and I sleep on. Typically a set in King is $ 575 for their basic sheets, and worth it. Imagine my surprise when I saw they are have a significant sale on Lux Percale sets on their website. I just bought four sets myself because I have never seen them priced like this, under $300 a set depending on size. Get them while you can

https://www.frette.com/en_US/online-outlet-sheet-sets
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Frette sheets -great price

Agreed, Frette sheets are great! We have 4 sets - 3 sateen and 1 percale. If you sign up for their emails they occasionally have up to 80% off sales with even some of the $1000-$1500 sateen sheet sets marked down to $250-$300 for a queen set (maybe $275-$325 for a king?). I like the percale sheets for the breathability and crispness, but my wife prefers the sateen and I have to admit they are extraordinarily soft and smooth.

I admit to being a bit of a bedding fanatic, so I've tried quite a few of the sheets out there. My absolute favorite sheets are the Belgian linen sheets from Linoto (https://www.linoto.com/belgian-eco-linen-sheet-set/), but not everyone likes the feel of linen (my wife being one of those, so we don't use the linen much). If you like the feel of linen, I would definitely recommend Linoto. Boll & Branch signature sheets are nice and thicker than the Frette (I haven't tried their percale or linen sheets), but not as soft as the sateen Frette and for the price of the outlet Frette sheets I would choose Frette every time. Sferra Celeste sheets are like a slightly thicker version of the Frette sateen sheets and are just about as soft, although I've tried some of the more expensive Sferra lines and prefer the Frette over those. If you can find a good deal on the Sferra Celeste I would definitely recommend those, too. I've tried a few of the other high end brands, but never been wowed by anything.

Those are probably my favorites, but recently we have just been buying Frette sheets at the outlet store whenever we see a good deal like what Duane posted.

For being a European company, it seems weird that Frette does not sell sheet sets with split top sheets for European-style bedding, or at least single twin top sheets. From what I see you can buy bottom sheets alone, but not top sheets. I know top sheets are an American thing, but they have them as part of the sheet sets...

I've tried Sferra and they are decent, for sure. The tend to not have the "crisp" of Frette's but are pretty close. Sateen sheets are not something we really like, it's that crispness that makes the Percales so great.

When we take trips, I complain about most every bed even at the better resorts. They're all too soft (mattresses) and the sheets are - for the most part - gross

My wife and I are totally spoiled by our Royal Pedic bedding and Frette sheets. I know, first world problems, right?
    Duane Collie

Hi drcollie - Do you know if the outlet offerings are part of the "regular" Frette product line, or are they outlet specific offerings never sold in their regular stores? If not a "outlet only" specific line, that is for sure a great deal!!

I'm not an expert in their line of bed linens. However, my two sets arrived and I'm happy with the quality of them, they seem to me like part of their regular lineup, but I do not know for sure.
    Duane Collie

Frette is having another sale with up to 80% off. The percale sheets are $190(queen) and $220(king) and the sateen sheet sets start at $200 for queen and $230 for king. Free shipping over $150. I haven't seen any queen sateen sheet sets under $250 or king under $280 in recent memory, so it is a pretty good deal. That said, the selection is limited.

I'm also not an expert on the entire Frette line, but I do know that some of the sheets listed on the outlet pages come from their regular line and the selection in the outlet section varies. That suggests they might be overstocks or discontinued colors or styles. But it is a good question as to whether all the styles come from their regular line.

https://www.frette.com/en_US/online-outlet-sheet-sets

Once you have Frette’s it hard to go back to “regular” sheets
    Duane Collie

My favorite bed sheet is Fleurdelin linen bed sheet. I think it's really comfortable to lie on it especially in summer.
    Last edited by drcollie; 08-11-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks for the tip drcollie. Based on your (always) good advice I just ordered a set. I currently have sheets from Restoration Hardware and although they are nice, I'm just not happy with the way they fit on the bed. The bottom sheet is always loos and wrinkly.
    I hope these will fit better and we will be happier with them. I'll order another set if we do and donate the current ones.