Thread: BY Timber and Marleigh Sofas

Default BY Timber and Marleigh Sofas

I’ve been shopping for a sofa for a year and I like Classic Leather Carsen and BY Timber and Marleigh sofas. I live in Birmingham but have not been able to find anything in the BY line except sectionals and motion sofas, which I don’t want. My husband and I live alone but have 6 grandchildren 9 and under who visit often. I need 2 leather sofas to replace the 2 sofas I bought from Havertys 21 years ago. Mr. Collins, do you have any thoughts about the BY sofas as far as comfort goes? My husband is 6’3””, 240 lbs. I’ve called countless stores to see if these styles are available anywhere in the southeast without any success. Do you have any advice for me? Thanks so much!

Default Re: BY Timber and Marleigh Sofas

I can't really comment on comfort with any degree of assurance because its just so subjective. I have often directed someone to a chair or sofa in my store and say "I think this is the best seat in the house". They try it out briefly, then say "I don't like the way it sits" and that's that. What suits one person many not another.

The reason you are probably not finding many floor models is everything is sold out across most brands, and it's six months from time of order for us dealers to get re-supplied, same as if you were to order ones yourself. It's an odd time we live in, there is little inventory and long waits. B-Y is having a price increase July 1st, so if you want to get in ahead of that with that brand, order in the next 9 days, get your order in by June 30th.

In general, for a 6' 3" man, if he is the primary user of the sofa, I would look for 20" to 21" seat height, 23" to 24" seat depth, and 38" or taller back height.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I can't really comment on comfort with any degree of assurance because its just so subjective. I have often directed someone to a chair or sofa in my store and say "I think this is the best seat in the house". They try it out briefly, then say "I don't like the way it sits" and that's that. What suits one person many not another.

The reason you are probably not finding many floor models is everything is sold out across most brands, and it's six months from time of order for us dealers to get re-supplied, same as if you were to order ones yourself. It's an odd time we live in, there is little inventory and long waits. B-Y is having a price increase July 1st, so if you want to get in ahead of that with that brand, order in the next 9 days, get your order in by June 30th.

In general, for a 6' 3" man, if he is the primary user of the sofa, I would look for 20" to 21" seat height, 23" to 24" seat depth, and 38" or taller back height.

This is my first time on your forum and I wanted to thank you for providing such helpful information.

Do you have the Timber sofa in your store?

The only stationary B-Y sofas I have in the store are a Yorba (gray-blue) and a Richardson (black), everything else is motion from B-Y

I do have two Hancock and Moore sofas that would probably work for you available right now. A Your Way 87" and one I think you would really like, the Doyle, which if you walked in my store is where I would direct your husband to try out first as its taller if the two.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-Moose-Leather

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...n-Tilton-Lager
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.