Thread: Thoughts on Tilton series?

Default Thoughts on Tilton series?

Does anyone have any experience with the Tilton series? From what I’ve read here, it looks like a fairly new leather (2019?) and I haven’t seen many examples with it upholstered apart from http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-Lager&p=42942.

I’m looking for something with a bit of character, although I think I’m not really a fan of the super-waxy Italian pull-ups (like Tuscany), as the character lines others find attractive are too visually distracting for my (unrefined) taste. The Tilton series looks like it has some special effects without looking too busy. The alternative I’m considering would be Tiburon Java, a burnished leather like Hyde Park, or possibly Capri (although I don’t think Capri would be a great fit right now as we have young kids and a cat).

Can anyone comment on how the Tilton series feels? I know it’s not going to be as soft as Capri, but I’m curious where it falls compared to say Tiburon or the burnished leathers. Or is this more of an aesthetic decision?

This forum has been extremely helpful as someone who can’t see these in person; thank you in advance for the help.

Default Re: Thoughts on Tilton series?

I like Tilton, its a South American pure aniline with a good hand, but lacks the dramatic color bursts of the Italian pull-ups like Tuscany and Tiburon. The "special effects" are very mild on it. It's a promotional leather in the Your Way series (currently Group 1, but I know they are putting it in Group 2 when they do the next price increase August 2nd) and on a few of the Town and County items as well. So it's price friendly in those programs and should break in nicely over the years. If you want a more dramatic look, the Tiburon Java will give you great pull-up effects and still take all kids can throw at it. I would put the "hand" of Tilton equal to Tiburon. Neither are close to Capri or Markle, but they are far more forgiving in a busy household.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.