Thread: City Sofa Back cushion replacement

Default City Sofa Back cushion replacement

Can you tell me if the feather filled back cushions on my City Sofa can still be replaced with overfilled ones? I think I read about this somewhere here in the past. I took it out and took it outside just now, and I shook and beat it until I was beat, lol. Didn't really do it enough. It is starting to bother my back. I moved the center cushion to the end where I usually sit for a little while because, of coarse, no one ever sits in the center. It felt much better and more comfortable. I know there is a foam shortage still, but what about the feathers? My other thought was seeing if they could make foam inserts for me when the shortage is over and they are more caught up, with some feathers over it like the seats. If I could even send them my current insert and just add more fill to it instead of ordering a new one, I would be willing to do that to. Just wondering what the options are, and possible costs. Thanks!

Default Re: City Sofa Back cushion replacement

Sure, you can get new back cores, which are done at no charge. You WILL have to pay the shipping and handling charge on them however, which is $ 100 of you order direct from Hancock and Moore, or you can go through your selling dealer. The policy has always been to replace in kind (what the piece came with originally), if you switch core inserts to something else, then there is a full charge in most cases. Your selling dealer can also order those for you as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: City Sofa Back cushion replacement

OK, I will contact my selling dealer. I just wanted to know about charges first so I know I have accurate information. Hopefully they won't charge me in addition for their time. They have been very good in the past. But I didn't know if going from regular to overfilled would mean I would have to pay the full charge, and if so what that might be. I guess I could add the two together myself or ask a local person to do it. 100.00 is worth it to not have my back be sore every time I spend an evening watching TV.

Do you know if the same type of cores but overfilled this time would be considered a different type that would carry a full price charge?
    Last edited by SueCT; 07-01-2021 at 04:29 PM.