Thread: You may meet Gracie if you come into the store

Default You may meet Gracie if you come into the store

I am having major renovations at my house and my little Cairn Terrier can't take it, all the workmen coming in and out, the excavators and concrete trucks have her bouncing off the walls. So I am bringing her to work most days (my wife works for the County Schools and can't do it). If you come into the showroom she will charge the door with a bark unless I am fast enough to catch her, which I usually am not. She will then wiggle, wag and lick you to death and be your new best friend. If that's an experience you do not want, call the store from the parking lot when you pull up and I will make sure she stays in the back room. Gracie will likely be here in the store through the end of August.

Duane

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gracie.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	13984
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: You may meet Gracie if you come into the store

One of the perks of owning your own business Duane!

My daughter Sarah works here at the store now three days a week, and of course, she scoops up Gracie every chance she gets!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sarah.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	13989
    Duane Collie

Gracie is extremely cute. I have a soft spot for Terriers, I call them scruff dogs. I just lost a beloved Terrier that I had had for 14 years, and I had another one before that for 14 years. They bring a lot of love and happiness and fun to your life.
    I am now retired, but also had my own business, and frequently took my pup to work. Almost all of the clients enjoyed seeing him, and I figured the ones that didn't could just go somewhere else.

When Gracie meets someone new, she can't get enough petting from them! Plus, I can't keep her off the floor models - she's like "What do you mean I can't sit on this sofa?" Not very professional....so I think she has to stay home most the time. No doubt she prefers being at the store, I just don't want her to spook anyone.
    Duane Collie

One thing about Terriers, they want to be the boss. If I had had a furniture business and a doggie that was hanging out on the floor models, I'm sure I would have left my pup home too.
    My business was a law firm, and clients who came in were often very upset and under stress. They often found it helpful to have a sweet little dog there with them, even though he wasn't formally a therapy dog. One potential client came in who was charged with a serious criminal offense. He was feeling extremely upset and regretful, and started crying. My dog was very empathetic and picked up when people were upset, but it backfired this time. He started doing that stomach heave thing that dogs do sometimes when they're getting ready to throw up, and then did throw up. All I could do was apologize and say something lame like "He feels your pain." Not surprisingly, the guy didn't end up hiring me.
    Last edited by Carolina guy; 10-16-2021 at 02:10 PM.