In what has to be a bizarre turnabout, one of our forum members ordered two Hancock and Moore recliners in mid May of this year and then a few days ago (end of July) ordered a Your Way ottoman. As I saw the new Acknowledgement come in the thought occurred to me to call H&M and see if I could get the ottoman added to the May order as it would save some shipping costs for the client. Imagine my surprise when they told me the ottoman was already in production and would be done in a few weeks because they had all the components! The two recliners haven’t even started because of motion mechanism shortages. Foam is starting to ease up, and now it’s metal and wood. So there will be two ships after all….

So realistically, build times are really dependent on components being available. And just an FYI, dealers cannot call to check on component availability for a particular order/ frame. There is no system in place to do so. Once an order is entered, acknowledged and then it entered the build system computer programs, then we can call to see how it may progress. This is three weeks after the dealer sends in the order.