Thread: Natuzzi Recliner and seat cushion issue

Default Natuzzi Recliner and seat cushion issue

Hi All,

I have a 8 year old Natuzzi Sectional Couch.

There is two issues with it. I have 4 recliners and 3 of them are broke. I looked on Amazon to try and replace the D-Ring Recliner cables and was successful with repairing one that was on the left side of couch that was more opened. The right side its on the arm rest side and it appears that they screwed in the D-Ring cable prior to bolting in the seat to the couch.

Does anyone know how to repair that part of the couch? Also I noticed that a lot of the D-Rings are poorly made!!! The cable tends to snap apart when used a lot because it rubs metal on metal. Does anyone know of a good company that makes a good D-Ring?

Also a lot of my seats are sagging and I saw online that they sell high density foam. Does anyone know which foam is good? Also I need webbing and would like to understand if this is a lot to take on.

Same with armrests....I would like to add more stuffing into the armrests if possible but it might be a lot to take on.

Please let me know your thoughts. THANK YOU!!!

Regards,
    Jamie

Default Re: Natuzzi Recliner and seat cushion issue

This is like trying to restore a 1970 Ford Pinto. The total cost and labor of the parts far exceeds the value of the product. I personally would junk the Natuzzi, it was not very good quality when new. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    This is like trying to restore a 1970 Ford Pinto. The total cost and labor of the parts far exceeds the value of the product. I personally would junk the Natuzzi, it was not very good quality when new. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
    Hi there!

Well when you have 3 kids running around the house you try to EXTEND the life of any furniture that you have.....My opinion that things 8 years ago were made a lot better then things that are made today.

Do you have any knowledge base on how to repair it though? Id be very interested to know. I have looked EVERYWHERE on the internet and there seems to be very little knowledge base on Natuzzi. All I really need to know if how to uninstall the seat that is next to the armrest.

I also want to see if I can find a better vendor that has D-Ring recliner cables. Do you happen to know any?

Let me know.

Thanks!

I kind of hate to go down this rabbit hole, because people take it as an insult and come back with comments that I'm pompous and that not everyone can afford good quality furniture, but here goes....this is NOT personal.

Natuzzi has a reputation for being poor quality, but customers get enamoured with the name and that its designed in Italy and purchase thinking its better made than it really is. Most production is in China, and they specify low quality components such as mechs, foam and webbing. As such, I would not expect more than 8 year lifespan. There are no "D" rings used in better quality mechanisms and that's probably why you are not seeing them for sale as replacements. There is a reason you don't see repair info on Natuzzi brand - its used up quickly and then off to the landfill. To use another metafor, it would be like trying to re-sole and re-foam a $ 29 pair of tennis shoes - it's just not worth it. Sometimes things are just used up.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I kind of hate to go down this rabbit hole, because people take it as an insult and come back with comments that I'm pompous and that not everyone can afford good quality furniture, but here goes....this is NOT personal.

Natuzzi has a reputation for being poor quality, but customers get enamoured with the name and that its designed in Italy and purchase thinking its better made than it really is. Most production is in China, and they specify low quality components such as mechs, foam and webbing. As such, I would not expect more than 8 year lifespan. There are no "D" rings used in better quality mechanisms and that's probably why you are not seeing them for sale as replacements. There is a reason you don't see repair info on Natuzzi brand - its used up quickly and then off to the landfill. To use another metafor, it would be like trying to re-sole and re-foam a $ 29 pair of tennis shoes - it's just not worth it. Sometimes things are just used up.
    Hi again,

of course no offense taken. I am just trying to revive something that I am thinking might be best for the moment in time where I don't have to spend another 2 grand on another couch. For the most part I can just keep it as is until the kids get older and don't beat the crap out of things. Id just like to spend a little bit of money just to extend it a bit further. I completely understand your points and they are valid. I was just hoping someone out there in the world knew how to break these couches down and put them back together. I guess I might be out of luck...

what couch do you think is 'top' quality?

In motion furniture, you want either UltraMek or Leggett and Platt mechanisms in the builds, those are USA-made mechs and best in the industry. All the better makers use them exclusively such as Hancock & Moore, Bradington Young, Leathercraft, Classic Leather, Century, and so on. Expect to pay $ 5K to $ 6K for a dual recliner sofa in genuine top grain leather.

Same brands in stationary (non-motion about $ 2K less). Stationary is always more durable than motion pieces. Good luck.
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-07-2021 at 04:36 PM.
    Duane Collie

this looks great. Thanks!