Thread: Hancock & Moore cushion replacement and cat pee removal off of leather

Default Hancock & Moore cushion replacement and cat pee removal off of leather

Hello,

I have a beautiful H&M Arlington sofa w/matching chairs, and have discovered yesterday that my cat liked it too but for him it was best used as a litter box. He must have used my Arlington sofa as his litter box a few times, because upon taking the leather casings off I noticed cushions to be soiled in several places. The leather is also stained primarily the back and the sides though. I am furious that this has happened as this is probably the nicest furniture I have at my home. I haven’t murdered the cat yet. I’m afraid he’ll have to live as he is a replacement for a cat that my husband and I have lost due to unsuccessful surgery a year ago. I still have a small glimmer of hope that cat can be retrained, but not a lot of hope for my couch being fixed.

I do not have the receipts from purchase as I have purchased this with the house. Is there anything that can be done to salvage the cushions and the leather. Can H&M replace the cores and repair the leather?
    Or have you ever had any experience with this or anyone else having to clean off something like that? And are there any products that you can recommend?
    The leather is Columbia Canvas.

In advance, thank you so much for your help. -M

Default Re: Hancock & Moore cushion replacement and cat pee removal off of leather

No one will work on leather that has had fecal matter on it, and you can't really blame them. You'll have to purchase new casings, and the cores will be installed in them at no additional charge upon request. Depending on the age of the sofa, a color match can be challenging. You are looking at $ 310 per casing + shipping.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore cushion replacement and cat pee removal off of leather

Thank you so much for your response. The casings only have the pee on a few corners and near the zippers. You really think there is no saving it?

If my only choice is to order new casings would I do it directly through the H&M?
    Last edited by Mary-violet; 10-16-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Order through the dealer of your choice, H&M does not sell direct. Call around to see if you can find someone to do it -no one I know of in the trade will work on excrement stains of any kind.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.