I got this swivel glider about a year and a half ago, and it's been great so far, but something I always noticed is that it doesn't fully recline. Not that it *can't*, but that it *doesn't*. Using the recline mechanism brings the footrest up, but the back stays largely unmoved. If I push hard on the back, it will recline just fine, but whatever springs it's connected to must be really tight because the moment I'm not putting active pressure, it snaps back into place.

I've done some research on back tension and thought maybe there would be some tension springs I could loosen to make it recline properly without me having to essentially plank myself in the chair, but I flipped it over and looked around with a light and couldn't see anything resembling tension springs. Also, while I had the chair on its side I was able to fully recline the chair with zero effort, but the second I turned the chair upright again the back snapped back up into place.

Is there anything I can do with this thing to allow it to fully recline properly? Or is this just working as-designed and there's nothing I can do to change it?