I really do want to spend the extra money on some of the better brands named here, ie; Hancock & Moore, Leathercraft, Bradington Young, etc. HOWEVER, I haven’t seen any styles that I like with either of the companies. And yet, I really like several styles that Omnia has in reclining sofas and recliner chairs. I also prefer a waterfall type cushion in front where the reclining piece is attached. I don’t care for a gap between where my feet and legs rest. Why do these high end brands always have that gap configuration? I really like the Connor style sofa/recliner by Omnia. Or even the Cornell which looks the same without the decorative nails. There are a few other styles I also like. Do ANY of these other higher end companies make similar looking furniture? Some of their styles are so modern looking. Or maybe remind me of mid century. Just not my style. I wish I could insert a photo of the Connor style by Omnia here. I love that look and yet I don’t want to sacrifice quality. You mentioned Omnia being mid-low end. We just want something that will last. I’m sitting on an almost 28-year old leather Lane Action recliner still in great condition. I wouldn’t touch that brand now. But this recliner was made back when some of those old brands had a little more quality in their workmanship. I would like to find a brand that I can be sitting in 20-25 years from now and still say that it works. Aside from quality leather, I want the reclining mechanism to hang in there for a good while. I’ve never had power reclining or motion except in my car. It sure would be easier on my shoulder and body, in general.
So, my question is: Should I buy Omnia if I really do like the looks and feel of their styles vs buying a step above in brands but not really liking their styles? Is Omnia THAT bad in comparison? Or do some of these other top of the line brands have some styles they just aren’t showing on their website? Or maybe they can make one similar? What if I showed them what I’m looking for? Do you think they can mimic that style? Thanks!