Sue, it’s funny you mentioned Omnia growing leaps and bounds from when it was just a small company. My own local guy said the same thing, and in fact, he said that he feels we’re hitting a sweet spot now before they grow even MORE. He said in 10 years time, who knows where they’ll be or if he’ll even be carrying it IF he doesn’t like what he sees. But for now, he feels good about selling me a power reclining sofa and recliner. I’m adding #35 extra firm HR 2.0 cushions and a Grade 3 aniline plus full grain leather. By the way, the two pieces together will be $7,890 (that’s with our 9% tax) and $55 white glove delivery. So even the power recliner is closer to 3k. Closer to 5k for the power reclining sofa.

I’ll include a description of my leather. I prefer aniline with an added top coat for a bit more protection, hence the “plus”. These will be our everyday/sometimes all day furniture. I might choose differently when we replace our stationery furniture in the living room. Doesn’t get as much use at all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F974F414-5DB9-443D-97AE-0928A8A1F843.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	14231

Quote Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
Maybe by now you have read that thread and realize there are many assumptions in your questions that are not actually true. H&M does NOT use all hides from China. As Duane said you take your choice with H&M and can get hides from all over the world. They are from China, from Italy, from Brazil, from lots of places. They are painted, they are fully dyed, they are whatevery you want based on the leather YOU pick. There are no hides tanned in the US any more. I would also be very suprised if every hide in Omnia comes from the same place unless there simply are not that many choices. So you are making assumptions based on articles with inaccurate information. Where, by the way, did you get the information that Omnia does not use leather from China? I could not see that anywhere on their website and could not find anything about where each leather is sourced from, and they are NOT tanned in the US since there basically isn't any done here for any manufacturer. Even if they use European leathers ghat does not mean they don't also use Chinese leathers. H&M uses European leathers too. But not ALL of their leathers are from one place. I think honestly, as much as you WANT to believe it is the case, you are not going to get a well built sofa with a top quality European hide for 2000.00. So some of that information is clearly not accurate. How do I know? I did the same research about 2-3 years ago. An honest seller, which admittedly is hard to find at times, will find out for you where the leather you are considering sources from. If they say they can't, they know you won't like the answser. I honestly do not believe Omnia does not use any leathers from China. Their website does not say they source all leathers from Europe. They say "Over 30 years ago, they sourced fine quality 100% top grain hides, from some of the oldest tanneries in the world, and opened a fully integrated manufacturing facility in California. Since then, another generation has taken the helm and Omnia has grown leaps and bounds. It actually does not say anything about where they get their hides today. Just where they got them 30 years ago. If you click on each of thier leathers there is absolutley no information provided about individual leathers. SoI would contact them directly and ask them. You may or may not get a response.

Omnia may be the perfect brand for you. But you will be getting a $2000.00 sofa, not a $3500.00 or $5500.00 sofa. Just go in with eyes wide open.