Thread: Smart Furniture Shopping December 2021

Default Smart Furniture Shopping December 2021

Everyone is focused on Christmas right now and that's understandable. It's also one of the slowest times of the year for furniture stores, and I was telling Sarah, my Daughter, that historically the 2nd week of January it picks up quite a bit and continues to be busy through the end of March.

The smart money if you plan to buy pieces is to not wait until then, because virtually all the makers are planning to have significant price increases in early January. My suggestion is to consider placing any orders or doing shopping the week between Christmas and New Year's, because none of them will have increases in effect at that time. Just a thought!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Smart Furniture Shopping December 2021

We confirmed this morning that Hancock and Moore, as well as Jessica Charles, will have a 10% price increase effective January 1, 2022 across the board on all items, including Town and Country Promotional items.

Also confirmer is a 12% increase effective January 10th from Maitland Smith.

This is the largest percentage increase I have ever seen on these lines. Sorry.....I dislike them as much as you do. But, you have two weeks to act on this and get in before it.

Please NOTE that all the Carolina Factories will close for Christmas Vacation from Dec 23rd through January 3rd, which means no samples can be send out after Dec 22nd or any inquires for custom quotes done, leg swaps, etc until after the new year.
    Duane Collie

That makes me glad we recently ordered our reclining sofa and recliner. It’s supposed to take 9 months before it arrives, but that’s okay. It will give us something to look forward to, similar to a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Everyone is focused on Christmas right now and that's understandable. It's also one of the slowest times of the year for furniture stores, and I was telling Sarah, my Daughter, that historically the 2nd week of January it picks up quite a bit and continues to be busy through the end of March.

The smart money if you plan to buy pieces is to not wait until then, because virtually all the makers are planning to have significant price increases in early January. My suggestion is to consider placing any orders or doing shopping the week between Christmas and New Year's, because none of them will have increases in effect at that time. Just a thought!

Yes, delivery times are NOT really improving. Read that again - NOT improving.

Today a Bradington-Young Dual Recliner sofa landed at our warehouse for a customer, it was ordered April 4th > December 15th, so 8 months, 1 week.

A Hancock and Moore Gordon Chair and Powell Recliner ordered for stock also arrived this morning June 3 > December 15th so 6 months, 1 week.

I am getting a lot of clients calling me at the two to three month time frame asking if their order is in production, and it won't be. Every order is sitting in a queue awaiting its turn and there are a lot of orders in front of yours, so patience is the key.
    Duane Collie

Exactly. Patience is the key. My local furniture guy said the same thing about being in a queue. He said once they start working on our pieces, it’s not that long. But to remember we have many others ahead of us, so that’s what takes time. I’m fine with that. I’ve lasted almost 28 years in my old recliner, what’s a few more months. At least I know the long timeframe isn’t just happening to us. Besides that, we’re helping our daughter plan her summer wedding, so we have that to look forward to first!

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Yes, delivery times are NOT really improving. Read that again - NOT improving.

Today a Bradington-Young Dual Recliner sofa landed at our warehouse for a customer, it was ordered April 4th > December 15th, so 8 months, 1 week.

A Hancock and Moore Gordon Chair and Powell Recliner ordered for stock also arrived this morning June 3 > December 15th so 6 months, 1 week.

I am getting a lot of clients calling me at the two to three month time frame asking if their order is in production, and it won't be. Every order is sitting in a queue awaiting its turn and there are a lot of orders in front of yours, so patience is the key.

We have sixteen leather recliners in stock for immediate delivery if you are looking for something as a Christmas Present or simply don't want to wait until Summer 2022 to get one on an order. Hancock and Moore, Bradington-Young, and Fjord's. Some are power, some are manual. Our last delivery date in the metro Wash DC area is Dec 28th.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	recliners.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	14245
    Duane Collie