Thread: Leather Drops from Hancock and Moore Dec 2021

Default Leather Drops from Hancock and Moore Dec 2021

Hancock and Moore is dropping appx. 1/3 of their current leathers, about 130 of them. I have never seen this many drops before and cannot tell you why so many. Probably many are Covid supply chain relegated, some will be slow sellers, some may have had massive price increases that make them no longer viable. Here is a pdf of the drops, and while there may be some existing stock on a few of these - if there is a particular one you want you should order it immediately. Note that H&M is now closed until January 3rd, so there is no way for any dealer to check current inventory until that date.

LEATHER DROP DEC 2021.pdf
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Leather Drops from Hancock and Moore Dec 2021

So much for the Cayman Coffee ottoman I dreamt of, lol. You snooze, you loose. There are some surprises there. I wonder if any will come back once the world learns to live with COVID and the Pandemi recedes. I still have hope that will happen, though who knows when.

You order that now there is an excellent change you will get it AND beat the 10 % price increase. They still have inventory on many of those leathers, but that will not last forever.

For 2022, Hancock and Moore is trimming the line in both leathers and styles offered, their goal is to decrease the wait time on orders and become more efficient, which means lose the slow sellers and covers that have had too high price increases. In 2021, the cost of producing a new sofa has risen 36% due to higher prices in the supply chain, and the cost of labor (they recently gave all their employees a 5% raise + retention bonuses), however their 2021 price increases if totaled up were on the order of 22%. So they were roughly 14% behind the cost of production. You simply cannot protect your margins and have a healthy business which is why the 10 % is coming in a few weeks time. I get it, but I'm not any happier about it than you are.

Mechanisms for motion pieces are an issue. They are out of Your Way 2 mechs entirely, Leggett and Platt cannot supply them right now. Several other frames have long delays on mechs.

Also, did anyone pay attention to the Typhoon in the Philippines that happened a few days ago? https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/asia/...hnk/index.html

Many frames in the H&M lineup that are carved or items like barstool frames come from the Philippines, as does 90% of the Maitland Smith lineup. That Typhoon hit their manufacturing supplier centers so hard that they estimate it will take 6 months to rebuild the factories and electrical grid. So its one thing after another - the world we live in today.
    Duane Collie

It’s a closed thread so I can’t reply there but there no link for the new price list you recently posted. Looks like the Roger's bench I had been considering is gone already too. There probably isn't enough time left to get the large sample of Cayman coffee I would like is there? I could have sworn I had a small sample but even that I can't find so I am not sure if I was just going by photos, which is not smart when it comes to actually ordering a piece.
    Last edited by SueCT; 12-23-2021 at 07:27 PM.

@suect - the link in the original post has been updated with the new price list.

I will look again. Thanks!

When leathers are dropped they toss all the samples, as do we at the store. So no swatches available.
    Duane Collie

@drcollie - Is 50% off list common? I thought I saw that mentioned somewhere.... Also, do all all the "Your Way Motion" sofas use mech2? Thanks!

50% off MSRP is very aggressive. That was the case several years ago however costs of having a brick and mortar operation have gone up in the past two years a significant amount and that deep a discount may be gone (we are not that deep at The Keeping Room any more).

Only Your Way 2 uses that particular mech. The standard Your Way motion uses a different mechanism that they have in stock.
    Duane Collie