Thread: Hancock & Moore # 7004 Grant Lounger in Capri Butternut

Default Hancock & Moore # 7004 Grant Lounger in Capri Butternut

Wow! Is this chair comfortable! The deep curved back lets you 'roll around' and nap in this on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Most recliners you 'fall out' the side, but not this one.

First photo shows the chair in the truck, the second one shows a healed scar that I wanted to show the customer prior to delivery. This can be typical on upper-end aniline hides and everyone has a different tolerance for that sort of thing. This customer had no issue with it, but this is an example of one that I would send back for replacement if the customer requested it. (The lens cap is in the photo to allow the camera a focal point.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair3.jpg 
Views:	2585 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair1.jpg 
Views:	1894 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	717  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

temart Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 7004 Grant Lounger in Capri Butternut

Absolutely beautiful! The marking is barely visible, I wouldn't mind it myself. I am very curious that if you return the piece to H&M, what would they do with it? Generally speaking, for a returned furniture with very minor defect, will H&M throw it away? Many people are willing to pay a lot for it. To sell it at a discount? It will hurt H&M's reputation. So how will they deal with it?

Oh good heavens no...its not thrown away! Everything is repairable, they are the maker and build the piece from scratch, so they have the capability to replace any component.

On that seat cover, they would simply removed the one panel in the seat cushion cover and replace it with a new piece of leather. Its a quick repair that is turned around quickly.
    Duane Collie

Odd I/O Guest

That looks like such a comfortable chair. You can lean back or to either side and still be completely supported. I'm not particularly taken with the style, most comfort oriented designs seem lacking in this department however the Capri hide really classes it up.

Anthony James Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Wow! Is this chair comfortable! The deep curved back lets you 'roll around' and nap in this on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Most recliners you 'fall out' the side, but not this one.

First photo shows the chair in the truck, the second one shows a healed scar that I wanted to show the customer prior to delivery. This can be typical on upper-end aniline hides and everyone has a different tolerance for that sort of thing. This customer had no issue with it, but this is an example of one that I would send back for replacement if the customer requested it. (The lens cap is in the photo to allow the camera a focal point.)

Does anyone what leather is on this chair on the HM web site?

Why is it called a 3 way lounger?

Thank you in advance.

The leather is in the title of the post, its called "Capri Butternut" and is a price grade 4.

Three Way means : 1) Upright like a stationary chair 2) recline position stop for TV watching 3) Full recline for napping.
    Duane Collie

Anthony James Guest

Thank you for your response. I guess that I was not clear in my question. What is the leather on the Grant 7004 recliner on the HM web site? It looks worn with quite a bit of color variation. I am looking for "real leather" as you put it that will patina over time.

I have seen one picture on this forum that makes me think that it might be Brigade Saddle but that is just a guess.

I know online colors can be really deceiving but the chair on the HM web site looks like what I want.

Below is the HM url to the Grant Lunger 7004 on their web site.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1196

That's Sedona Harness on the website photo, which is a GR 2 leather. That came out several years ago and presents from the tannery like that, but truthfully if you like that look, think about getting one of the GR 3 burnished leathers which are hand-done at H&M and have much more color depth and interest for not much more money.
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-19-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Duane Collie

Anthony James Guest

That helps narrow the field significantly.

My H&M High Back Tilt Back chair in GR 2 Atticus Sable came with what appears to be a bug bite in the seat cushion and I just love it! It shows that after all these years I finally have a real leather chair!