Thread: BY Luxe for Living

Default BY Luxe for Living

Hi, new member here looking for leather sofa or sectional. Is the Bradington Young Luxe for Living, a cheaper line for some reason? My local dealer has a Reece motion sofa 202/90 priced at $6335, with spec order in any 922000-xx leather at same price. Is this a good deal? Is this a married cover? If so, is that something I should stay away from? I like the rounded arms and styling of this sofa. Another benefit is that they have 4 on order which will be here in February so I wouldn’t have to wait long. I only have one H&M dealer in the area and haven’t made it to that store yet. About how much more would a comparable H&M sofa be? Thanks for any help, I am reading the forums to try and learn as much as possible.

Default Re: BY Luxe for Living

That's a decent price, remember that if the dealer is getting them next month, these were ordered around April of last year, two price increases ago. 922000 series leather is GR 1, there is no married cover for B-Y 200 series motion. No reason to avoid it, just be aware these are VERY heavy units and clear your pathways of anything that is in the way on delivery day and take pictures off the wall, etc. And you will want to make sure all doorways are at least 34" as these are not maneuverable due to weight.

Hancock and Moore can't even get those mechanism for the Your Way 2 series right now, the supplier is out. They use the same mechs as the 200 series B-Y. You would be looking a Fall 2022 delivery on one and it would be a bit more costly.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

thanks Duane. I have a designer from the store coming out to help me cause i can’t decide if I have right layout for a sectional or should get sofa and matching loveseat. They don’t have loveseats in stock. Is it really taking 10 months to get orders in? They quoted me 6 months for a special order. I’d really love to find what I like in stock somewhere in town. My previous buy was Smith Brothers, and although well built and comfortable, my tufted back is getting really flat where I sit all the time. And customer service wasn’t great in the store, so not sure I’ll buy that brand again. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help and I love this forum!
    Last edited by Shirley; 01-10-2022 at 02:23 PM.

6 months is an average time quote, I am finding Bradington Young to take closer to 8 months right now (including transport time)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.