Thread: Help narrowing down the H&M sofa universe to Deep Seating Options

Threaded View

Default Help narrowing down the H&M sofa universe to Deep Seating Options

Hi all,

Just found this forum last week and have been gobbling up information. My wife and I have been researching couches for well over 6 months BUT limited to the "mall furniture stores" (PB, C&B, and RH). We were about to just pull the trigger because we have a flaking bonded leather couch from Lazy Boy (10 years old which after reading this forum seems like a miracle). Anyways....we were going to purchase the C&B Gather Deep but then I began researching C&B leather and arrived here and it seems C&B leather is not the only problem but that the frame construction may be an even weaker link.

So finally a question, does an H&M couch exist that is similar to the dimensions of the Gather Deep?...I think the closest I have seen is the "your way" sofa line but frankly, there are a lot of models that I'm hoping for assistance in narrowing the options.

Gather Deep
    Height: 37", Width: 118", Depth: 43", Inside Depth: 27", Seat Height: 19"

Second question, will these H&M couches (or another brand for that matter) be as comfortable as the C&B Gather Deep...I have seen Duane mention several times > 90% comfort ratio for all H&M couches...but as he has also said, comfort is subjective.

So far the only H&M couches in the area that I have seen available within driving distance are the following:

5969-3 ARCHITECT'S SOFA
    Height: 34.5", Width: 101", Depth: 41.5", Inside Depth: 22", Seat Height: 20.25"

6579-3 MARLA SOFA
    Height: 34.5", Width: 89", Depth: 39", Inside Depth: 21", Seat Height: 20"

5831-3 RICKI SOFA
    Height: 38", Width: 84.5", Depth: 39.75", Inside Depth: 22.25, Seat Height: 20.25"

6609-3 PAIGE SOFA
    Height: 36", Width: 83", Depth: 39.75", Inside Depth: 20.5", Seat Height: 19.5"

Are the above H&M models a fair representation of the comfort we would expect?

Wife is 5'7 and 140 lbs and I'm 6'2 and 185 lbs. I have attached a schematic of the layout with the couch to go in the living room facing the exterior wall without the covered patio. We were thinking total length no bigger than 124' but smaller would probably be smarter from what I have read on the forum.

We are also undecided between getting a chaise vs. ottoman but no point to go into that now since we need to make sure a couch in the H&M universe is available that fits our needs.

This place is an absolute incredible source of knowledge. Thank you for any help.

Cheers,

Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layout.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	14298