Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Number and Size of Sitting Pieces for home with flow thru Living room/Kitchen

Default Re: Number and Size of Sitting Pieces for home with flow thru Living room/Kitchen

Trying to determine if it would make sense to consider ordering from both BY and H&M. We are going to order a stationary H&M couch and the only reason we would order a reclining sofa from BY instead of H&M would be to save some money.

Would the total delivery cost be less with one larger H&M order versus 2 individual deliveries from H&M and BY?

By the way...we have removed the wallpaper and are in the process of picking new paint colors and removing the chandelier (looking for a ceiling fan to replace it with). Also...while I was resistant to putting a TV stand over the fireplace...I purchased a Mantle mount and will be getting that up after we paint. So thank you for that tip Duane.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No WP Room.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	14446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Close Up.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	14447

Cheers!

Default Re: Number and Size of Sitting Pieces for home with flow thru Living room/Kitchen

Every Shipment from a supplier is a separate transaction, you can't really combine ships from two makers to one location unless you are willing to pay warehousing fees because one order will lag behind the other. The savings is small, I wouldn't buy one or the other based on shipping savings, personally.

I view all recliners as disposable, be it a single seat unit or a sofa. They are cover, foam and frame built around a mechanism and lack the artistry and style of stationary pieces, and usually don't last as long. While the 200 series from BY and the YourWay2 from H&M are built on the same frame and mechanisms, you WILL see a difference in foaming and tailoring from H&M to BY. You may not be happy with the BY once the H&M is in the room for that reason. If they are going in separate rooms and not next to one another, then that difference is moot.

Room looks better already - keep at it!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

So updating this post as our Living Room has undergone a significant face lift...and received it's first piece of H&M...an Authors Chair and Ottoman in Weston Cane Burnished and this chair is spectacular and the smell is intoxicating!!

Looking at getting carpet to cover most of the room but leave 2-3 feet on the edges. Likely be either a light green carpet or a beige...not sold either way yet.

Will be looking for two more pieces including a sofa (likely Y87) and probably a recliner but still thinking that through.

Would a Hyde Park Earth or Cameo luggage piece clash with the Weston Cane? and how does Hyde Park and Cameo hands compare to the Weston Cane?

Should the details between all the pieces match in regards to nail head and wood finish?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Updated Room.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	14645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	14646Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weston Cane Burnished.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	14647Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weston Cane Burnished.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	14647Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weston Cane Burnished Authors.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	14648Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair Back.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	14649
    Last edited by Inconceivable; 05-26-2022 at 06:45 PM. Reason: More pictures

You room is looking much better! The hardwood floors are beautiful, I would not put a carpet in that room. If you feel you need a small one to control noise echo, try to aim for a smaller one that covers not more than 1/3 the floor and don't use green - you have enough green on the back wall.

Earth tones never clash, so you are good using anything in that category. Minor color shade variances should not make any difference. HP and Cameo will have the same hand and texture as the Weston Cane Burnished on the new Author chair. Nails and wood finish don't have to match in my world, not at all.
    Duane Collie

Thank you for the pictures of the lawson arm. Just what we are looking for!

Moved back over here from the T&C thread as that didn't seem right for this part of the discussion.

Last few questions before I put in a quote.

1. Do you have a wood recommendation for the tilton lager Y87 given the color of our wood floors and the mesa wood on the authors chair?

2. The author chair has the Bun Foot...if we got the bun foot on the Y87 to match, will the height off the ground be the same as the authors chair? or would the Bun foot be bigger/taller and therefore allow for more clearance underneath? Just want to be able to get under there and vacuum.

3. It seems that many sofas with round arms also have rounded backs...is that a stylistic thing that is recommended? We were leaning towards the square box back because we thought the cushions may be easier to get back into the case after fluffing.

Thanks for all the knowledge!

I have personally never been one to match wood finishes to a floor color, but that's just me. I select them to the leather on the frame. For Tilton Moose, I would order Mahogany Distress if putting it on the floor. I think each piece stands on its own as long as there is not a clash. If you do want to match the Author, you can order Mesa and be good to go.

The bun feet are different sizes on Your Way than on the Author Chair and Ottoman. I don't have a bun foot Your Way in the store to measure, sorry. I don't think a vacuum cleaner will really fit under any of the Your Way sofas, however clearance is around 2 to 2.5".

You don't need a rounded back if you go with round arms, just get whatever suits you. Rounded back casings are not difficult to stuff cores in. What IS difficult is stuffing cores into T-Cushion seats !
    Duane Collie

OK!!

That makes sense about the color matching the leather...You mentioned a matching wood for Tilton Moose but what about Tilton Lager?

Interesting about the clearance of the Your Way...we would have considered the tapered leg if it got us closer to 4 inches of clearance but it's not that stylish.

I remember reading on the blog about the T cushions...learned so much on here!!

Thanks again!

The height off the floor on the Your Way doesn't vary by the leg style, or at least by much. The tapered leg is shorter on the Your Way.

I tend to use Mahogany Distress on 70% of non-premium floor models, because it really goes with everything and is the default finish if nothing is specified.
    Duane Collie

An additional puzzle piece...Your Way Ottoman

Loving the Author Ottoman and can definitely see how using this as an extra seat when needed is a huge bonus.

Looking at the Y0 (27 x 21 x 18) compared to our Author Ottoman (30.5 x 27 x 16.5)...is that Y0 too small to be used as a seat?

Also not sure why the drop (seat height to ottoman height) is so much more for the Your Way at 2.5 inches cersus the 1.5 inches of the Author setup...I guess have to trust H&M knows what's best comfort wise

It's not too small to use as a very occasional seat, but not was "welcoming" as the size of the Author ottoman, and not as firm. Ottomans are best for resting legs on when 2" lower than the seat height, unless the chair is more slouched like the Author. When ottomans are the same height as the chair or sofa seat, then your legs will get stiff and "fall asleep". The 2" drop prevents that.
    Duane Collie