Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Number and Size of Sitting Pieces for home with flow thru Living room/Kitchen

Default Re: Number and Size of Sitting Pieces for home with flow thru Living room/Kitchen

Can you speak more to the firmness issue between the Your Way and Author ottomans?

I was under the impression that if we got the Your Way Ottoman in the tufted version that the density would be the same...is that not the case?

Default Re: Number and Size of Sitting Pieces for home with flow thru Living room/Kitchen

Tufted pieces have no inner core cushion, they are made with foam batting, so its apples and oranges on the way they sit.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Well I am certainly glad I asked this before ordering. I apologize but I am not understanding.

Is the Author Ottoman not considered to be tufted? It has the buttons?

Is the construction of the tufted Your Way Ottoman different from other H&M Ottomans?

Or how are they apples and oranges?

Yes, any time you have button tufting on any surface, the "cushion" is done with foam batting inserted onto the flat surface and between the tufts, depending on what is being made. So tufting is never as "cush" because there is no separate cushion as you have on a regular ottoman. To replace underlying cushion material in anything tufted requires removing all tufting, vs a conventional ottoman which is just release of a seam and resew.
    Duane Collie

Does the Y0 Ottoman differ in construction from the Y02 and Y03 Ottomans?

I am wondering if the Y0 is not available in a tufted version or is in some way different construction wise from the Y02 and Y03?

Basically we want another ottoman that sits like our current Author's Ottoman in terms of firmness....so how do we get that?

You have me stumped on those questions. I don’t know.
    Duane Collie

I appreciate the honesty...also I feel as though hell has just frozen over but then the your way ottoman's probably don't pass through the store frequently.

I found a post about gauging appropriateness of ottoman size in the forum https://www.myfurnitureforum.com/sho...-Ottoman-Bench
    -This recommended that the ottoman length be 66-75% of the length of the sofa. So for the your way 87 inch sofa the Y0 at 27x21 is a bit small by those standards.
    -The Your Way 41x30 is a better fit but we worry about over furniture the room

We could always go with the smaller Y0 but I worry it will look silly in the proportions to the couch. Like this picture on the forum https://www.myfurnitureforum.com/sho...e-Ottoman-deal

Any guidance for our room dimensions...we were thinking the sofa would be about 6-12 inches from the 2 window wall.

Thanks

Remember that we are just a retail dealer, not the manufacturer. Very detailed questions are not something we can always answer, nor can 90% of the people that work at the Supplier (in this case Hancock & Moore). Some questions are just outside the spectrum of what we can provide answers to as a dealer.

The 27 x 21 ottoman is a chair ottoman, not meant for a sofa. You can use it at the sofa of course, but its too small to do it as a cocktail ottoman, which looks best and performs best. 41 x 30 is the sofa-sized ottoman.

Sofas in my opinion should always be pulled away from windows as much as possible. I am not a fan of placing sofas up against windows in general
    Duane Collie

Good Morning (again) Duane,

Looking for help with replacing the two tables we have in our living room. One is at the end of the sofa and one is between the Author's chair and Lazyboy recliner. The height of the current table set is nice at about 23.5 inches but the open shelves are a problem for us with our one year old pulling things down every chance he gets. We would like to get two tables to replace these that would have drawers. The diameter of the current table set is 23 inches which is a little wide so if possible, we would like to shrink that a bit to give more space between the two chairs. I don't have the familiarity with the other brands like I do with H&M so I am looking for some direction as to where I should be looking. We aren't necessarily looking for the artisan level of H&M but we also want something that is well made and will fit the decor of our room. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear to left.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	15764. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear to right.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	15765. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	15766
    Last edited by Inconceivable; 10-10-2023 at 08:44 AM. Reason: photo error

Wow! Your room looks SO much better than the first photos posted a few years ago - you did a good job on the decor!

For nicely made small tables - and a lot to choose from - I like these two companies. Woodbridge is less costly, Jonathan Charles has more offerings and some unique designs.

https://jonathancharlesus.com/live/occasional-tables/

https://www.woodbridgefurniture.com/...ts/side-tables
    Duane Collie