Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Number and Size of Sitting Pieces for home with flow thru Living room/Kitchen

Default Re: Number and Size of Sitting Pieces for home with flow thru Living room/Kitchen

haha...it is quite the makeover....not quite HGTV worthy but certainly much more "us" in that it is welcoming and calm. AND...we owe you a great deal of the credit for our success. Your input really helped us not just with the furniture but also the TV mount and the rug!

Anyways. I looked at woodbridge and came across this one: https://www.woodbridgefurniture.com/...hairside-table

Also saw Hooker furniture mentioned on the forum and came across https://www.hookerfurniture.com/lees...formation.aspx

Too formal or color ok? Can you ask for different hardware with woodbridge? It seems like the wood selection is non-negotiable.

Thanks Duane!

Default Re: Number and Size of Sitting Pieces for home with flow thru Living room/Kitchen

The Woodbridge unit is MUCH nicer than the Hooker one, IMHO. The Woodbridge table is highly functional, the other - not so much. You might have to buy those locally as shipping costs for just one or two of those to you would be higher than you like without some other pieces in the group.

Sorry, you can't change hardware on them, these are all imports and come out of Vietnam fully packed for Container Ship transit.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Gosh I hate to buy from anyone else. Would we be able to bundle say a recliner from H&M and 2 tables from Woodbridge into one order and ship together to save on costs?

Unfortunately no, not through any shipping I can set up because they are two different points and makers, there would be no cost savings. You may however, arrange yourself and either make the drive or find a small carrier willing to go go both Hickory and High Point NC to make pickups (90 minutes apart). You can try on www.uship.com
    Last edited by drcollie; 10-28-2023 at 02:58 PM.
    Duane Collie

Funny that you mention that...My wife and I were discussing making a trip to the H&M factory while we can still ask you to set up a visit for us. Perhaps this is another reason to do that.

2 questions:

1. would we be able to pick up the recliner at the factory in Taylorville or would we need to go to High Point as well?
    2. I was looking at renting a ford transit cargo van (I think that is what you have said is a good option in the past). Would that be able to fit the recliner and two tables in it?

The very best way is to head out to the Smoky Mountains for a long weekend and stay at a rustic cabin in Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge, they are spectacular and about 2 hours from Hickory NC. One like this (there are hundreds to choose from) https://www.cabinsforyou.com/edgewood-retreat.htm

Pickup at the dock on Monday morning, take a tour of Hancock and Moore (about 3 hours), then you have a 90 minute drive to Woodbridge Furniture in High Point (get there by 2 p.m.) - and home to Florida from there.

Yes, two different, non-related companies so you would go to both.

A Ford Transit is too much truck for (1) recliner and a couple of smaller tables. You would be better to rent a Suburban / Tahoe which is MUCH more comfortable for the trip. However you might have to unbox the recliner or tables with one of those, that's not a big deal just have some furniture pads in the vehicle.
    Duane Collie

Ok. The next weekend where we could arrange childcare and have the time off work is likely the weekend of MLK.

1. Are both locations open and tour offered on Monday January 15th?
    2. Would a recliner from H&M and the tables from Woodbridge be able to be picked up by then given it's only a little over 2 months away?

Appreciate the advice on the Tahoe instead of the ford transit...wan't super excited about driving that big of a vehicle for that long of a distance.

Cheers!

That should be do-able, please let me know the model numbers of the Woodbridge items and the choices for the Woodbridge Recliner and I will make some phone calls. You can do that via Email or the Quotes and Orders page here on the forum.

Transit is what you need for a sofa, but recliner and two tables all should fit in a Tahoe with the seats down. Everything may have to come out of the boxes however. With a Suburban and no rear seats in the vehicle, might get them all in with the boxes intact.
    Duane Collie

OK we have secured childcare here in Florida for MLK weekend. So my wife and I can have a weekend to ourselves and enjoy a wonderful tour at the factory. I submitted the options we are considering for the Woodbridge items this morning.

We are actually looking at the Ghent recliner. We have been able to sit in the standard Ghent recliner...but not the high back version. From the measurements posted online, besides the 3 inch height increase, the only difference is a 1/4 inch increase in seat arm height. While this may be an impossible question to answer (as it's a subtle difference) and comfort is subjective, if we like the sit of the standard...is there any reason to think we won't like the sit of the high back? From online pictures, it seems that the upper/head split back cushion for the high back recliner is increased in size but the lower/back split back cushion is the same size as the standard Ghent...is that likely the case?

My wife's head is fine on the standard but I would prefer the extra height. But I think having one standard and one high back would look strange in the room as we would be looking at that difference from the kitchen constantly...maybe that doesn't matter but you tell me.

When the Ghent first arrived on the scene several years ago there was just one size, and it's a mid-sized recliner. It was, and still is, very popular. Larger people asked for a roomier model so they made the high back for taller folks. It comes down to size, I would say if the primary user is 5' 10" or less, the standard model. Over that height, the tall model. The trick is to fit the recliner to whom is going to use it the most.
    Duane Collie