Thread: New and confused

Default New and confused

Hi
    I am knew to this. I joined because I inherited a Century Chestnut sofa. I want to sell but I have no clue where, how… I was going to just get rid of it until I started researching more and saw it might be better sofa than I expected… all I knew is that it weighs a ton!!! 😂 any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks, mo Durango
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA1CE4FC-DE73-45FB-ACAA-1A54C49526E1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	14368  

Default Re: New and confused

Century is a top shelf sofa, well made. Expensive when new.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Is there a place I should look to sell it for appropriate amount? I would hate to insult moms memory ! Bless her soul

Where are you located? You can list it in the Classifieds section here, or the usual places like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Kijiji, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Danw99 View Post
    Where are you located? You can list it in the Classifieds section here, or the usual places like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Kijiji, etc.
    Thank you. I am in southwest Florida. I had it on the FBMarketplace for a while but removed it today.

You will need to state the age of the sofa, and also the material is is made up in. If you don’t know, look around for either a receipt and/or a production tag on the sofa. It doesn’t look very old, so the store she bought it from probably has a record of it. Without that information you cannot get much for it. If you are in SW Florida (Naples) it was probably purchased at Robb and Stuckey.

Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist are poor venues to sell a high end sofa. EBAY is better, the classified section here, or even a consignment store that deals in better products.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Yeah like with a lot of used things there is tension between how much effort and hassle you want to put in vs how much money you can get. With the "I just wanted to get rid of it" throw it up online for a few hundred bucks and someone will come pick it up, if that will make you happy.

1st Dibs if you have documentation might be appropriate or else Chairish. Personally, I'd look into having it reupholstered. It most likely weighs a ton because it's not made of cardboard and cheap foam.