Thread: H&M City Sofa Body Oil Stain

Default H&M City Sofa Body Oil Stain

Hello,

We purchased 2 H&M City Sofas back in May of 2015 at the KR and have been really pleased with them. Unfortunately, one of the cushions (see attached Pics) has a terrible dark stain, which I think is a body oil stain. Not sure, but I think we made it worse by trying to clean it with a leather cleaning kit and it seemed to only make the stain bigger. That one cushion is the only problem we have had with both sofas after 7 years of use.

The leather is Weston Tobacco (unprotected).

Is it even possible to replace the one cushion (and match the existing leather) or is cleaning/refinishing the cushion the only option? If cleaning/refininshing is the only way to go, any suggestions on who could do a good job?
    We are available to stop by the KR and actually show you guys the cushion, if you think that would help us to solve this problem.

Thanks very much!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sofa1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	14382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sofa2.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	14383

Default Re: H&M City Sofa Body Oil Stain

I had a stain on my husbands chair headrest that I called leather solutions about.It was not as big as yours but I thought I had made it worst by cleaning it too. Pam sent me a couple bottles of degreaser and it worked. Wish I had taken a before picture there’s just a faint mark now. Telephone number 336 629-4998 ( Hope it’s alright to print phone numbers on the forum sorry if it’s not I”ll delete it)

Angie beat us to the punch! That does look like a body oil stain and we would recommend seeing what Pam at Leather Solutions could do, you could unzip the casing and ship it to her to work on down in North Carolina if she doesn't have an at-home solution for you. Pam is our go-to leather repair craftsman and has extensive experience working on Hancock & Moore pieces.

Take a peek at the before and afters on her site, about six scrolls down the page you can see a stain that is very similar to what you have and she worked some real magic on it: https://www.damagedleathersolutions.com/

We don't recommend getting a new casing made as it is very hard to match a leather that has been worn in and almost no one ends up happy with the new casings because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I had a stain on my husbands chair headrest that I called leather solutions about.It was not as big as yours but I thought I had made it worst by cleaning it too. Pam sent me a couple bottles of degreaser and it worked. Wish I had taken a before picture there’s just a faint mark now. Telephone number 336 629-4998 ( Hope it’s alright to print phone numbers on the forum sorry if it’s not I”ll delete it)
    Thanks Angie!

Thanks Sarahc - will reach out