Thread: alexis chair in cameo brown review

Default alexis chair in cameo brown review

The chair is solid and well made. Leather and nails are beautiful.The back sits like a lounge chair, slightly back not straight up.I ordered it with down cushions. This chair has a roomy seat and would be comfortable for a larger person. The seat is 2" lower to the ground than the website specs and the arms 1" higher so 3" makes the arms too high and are uncomfortable after awhile. I'm on the short side. The ottoman is higher than the seat of the chair but Duane came up with a solution, cut the ottoman legs shorter or put leg levelers on the chair feet. I put 2x4 pieces under the chair legs and it was good so I ordered the levelers. I wish I had not reordered 28oz seat cushion thinking it would make the seat higher, it didn't. I should have been clearer to Sarah about the problem sooner. Now when my husband puts on the leg levelers I can chuck the 2x4's and it will be good. I put a pillow between myself and the arm to lean on.

Will I order hancock & moore again? I did! A tavern sofa in palmer spice should be ready in March.I believe the measurements were off because of covid, people retiring and new help. I'm looking at a pair of adirondack rockers next.
    Sarah was wonderful through all my complaints, a real professional attitude with a kind voice and very understanding. Duane never made me feel like I was bothering him with my questions. It was a good experience and my husband loves his woodbridge recliner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2495.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	14388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2494.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	14387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2489.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	14386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2486.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	14385  

Default Re: alexis chair in cameo brown review

Angie, thank you for your kind words and honest review! It's always so helpful to get others' opinions on their pieces, especially after they have had some time to live with them.

We have our first Alexis Tilt Back for floor stock in the warehouse and coming into the store this weekend and I'm excited to try it out myself. Looking forward to seeing your Tavern Sofa in the new Palma Spice leather soon, it should be a stunner!

Default Re: alexis chair in cameo brown review

I guest my point was that when you have a beautiful well made piece of furniture and it’s not perfect for “ your” body you can fix it to work.