I've learned much from this forum and am grateful. My wife and I are moving into a new place and furnishing a somewhat small living room with fireplace. She really likes the style of the Emmy sofa from DWR:

https://www.dwr.com/living-sofas-sec...tml?lang=en_US

It starts at $5K for all synthetic fabrics and escalates to $7K for more natural blends (which I'd prefer), though we can wait for their quasi-regular 15% off sales. While we can technically afford such a couch, and it is designed / made in the US (by a group called "Egg Collective"), I'm skeptical of whether it's really worth the price or whether I'm paying a big markup for DWR's overhead. It will also require us to make compromises elsewhere in our budget. Ideally we'd spend more like $3-4K on an 85-92" sofa, thought there is obviously some room.

My questions:

1) is anyone familiar with this couch's construction/quality and whether the price seems reasonable? If not, do people generally feel DWR sofas are over-priced, or reasonable given quality (a similarly priced example would be their Raleigh model).
2) If we can find a suitable substitute, would we get quality that is just as good from, e.g., Taylor-King? A few of their models might fit our style (more modern / sleek / transitional), thought the bulk of their sofas seem more traditional. Any suggestions on other well made sofa lines that might be more transitional/contemporary in style with better bang for buck than DWR?

The external dimensions of this sofa, which work for our living room, are 30.5 x 92 x 38. It's hard to get more information on build quality than what's on the website, which includes:
- Solid oak or walnut exterior frame and legs
- Steel-reinforced plywood interior frame
- Baffled back cushions with feather-polyester-silk fill
- High-resiliency foam seat cushions with Dacron wrap

Thanks an my apologies if this request is too vague. Ultimately, if it's the couch the wife wants, that may be the end of the story, but I feel the need to kick the tires a little harder on this before dropping that much dough. Perhaps we'd simply be paying more for the "design" rather than the construction.