Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradington Young Sofa Cushion replacement or ?

Default Bradington Young Sofa Cushion replacement or ?

I bought a Bradington Young Austin Sofa 682-95 from Duane back in 2013 and seems the down cushions are in need or either replacement or restuffling. Sofa itself is in good shape and we like it a lot but, while I don't mind the state it is in and it's still comfortable for me, others find it in need to refurbishment...

Short of doing it by hand (buying down feathers, opening it up and restuffing and then stitching it back up, are there other options out there?

One of the thoughts was to ditch feathers and use pure later foam, which should make it last longer, I think?

TYVM

Default Re: Bradington Young Sofa Cushion replacement or ?

You will definitely want factory-replacement cores, trying to make you own won't be satisfactory.

Bradington-Young has a 10-year warranty on seats, 1-year on backs. The seat cores are complex, you don't want to tamper with them. Backs are Fiber Fill and you *Can* add more fiber fill to the backs but will need to seam-rip the interior case, add it - then re-sew. Often all you need to do with backs is to remove the core casing from the leather, give them a big fluff up, and re-stuff.

You can get new seat cores as long as they still have the pattern, and they do on the 682-95. You will only have to pay for the freight to ship them since you are at the 9 year mark, be prepared to send them a copy of your sales receipt. Backs are a fixed cost of $ 90 per seat position (a sofa would have three positions) plus freight. Order these all direct from Bradington Young to avoid dealer markup charges 276-656-3322.

Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hi Duane,

Thank you for the info. I will investigate that. I do want to ask a follow up a q. If the issue is not with the cores but the actual cushions (ones that you can flip/rotate), is there anything that can be done?

tia

I don't understand this question, sorry. The core *is* the cushion. The only other components are the underlying suspension and the leather casing.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I don't understand this question, sorry. The core *is* the cushion. The only other components are the underlying suspension and the leather casing.
    aha! i did not know that. I assumed the core is something structural.. like springs, etc... The core here is 100% down feather, afaik

just got auto reply (will let you know if anything changes)

"If you are requesting warranty covered parts or service, please ensure that you have reached out to your original dealer and initiated the claim process through them. Please note that warranty claims must be made through the original authorized dealer"
    Last edited by ceasar2k6; 03-30-2022 at 12:50 PM.

I got an update from them...

"Hello,
    Warranty claims need to be initiated by the retailer. They should send out a technician to assess the damage and then inquire with our rep. We would recommend asking your retailer if they have started this process.
    Thanks!
    Evan"

What would the next step? Thank you

You need to call them on the phone, not email them, and explain your selling dealer is no longer in business.
    Duane Collie

Duane, she said you were her dealer.

Sorry, you are correct.

The reason to order Direct from B-Y is you pay the same price I have to pay, they do not offer dealer discounts on parts. So if I handle it, then I have to mark it up to cover costs to include credit card fees, pay all sorts of taxes both local, state and federal on every item, and the short answer is by ordering direct you will save money rather than paying my markup.
    Duane Collie

Sorry, you are correct.

The reason to order Direct from B-Y is you pay the same price I have to pay, they do not offer dealer discounts on parts. So if I handle it, then I have to mark it up to cover costs to include credit card fees, pay all sorts of taxes both local, state and federal on every item, and the short answer is by ordering direct you will save money rather than paying my markup.

Hi

I understand that. And, Yes, I called them and they told me to email that address, which returned an auto reply (first paste), so I provided all the info the auto reply said... Then, the second reply came.
    Since you mentioned that they are under warranty, and they said you need to send out a technician and so on... which is obviously not feasible... Would pictures suffice or what's the next best step?

I am a neophyte at this, so thank you for all the direction and I am sorry for so many questions