Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bradington Young Sofa Cushion replacement or ?

Default Re: Bradington Young Sofa Cushion replacement or ?

I would email photos, and explain its a distant purchase from the store and there is no one to come out and verify. We never do that even locally - who has time to go to someone house and look at their old cores? We have NEVER done that with any company, not once. Call again and speak to Rene in Customer Service, she's been there a long time and tell her you spoke to me about it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I would email photos, and explain its a distant purchase from the store and there is no one to come out and verify. We never do that even locally - who has time to go to someone house and look at their old cores? We have NEVER done that with any company, not once. Call again and speak to Rene in Customer Service, she's been there a long time and tell her you spoke to me about it.
    Thank you, I am in contact with Rene. She should be reaching out to you as well.

One thing that I am not clear about... both you and her refer to core's being under warranty... I am right to understand that core = everything but the cover? As in 2nd zippered sleeve with down feathers and such? Or is it something else, like some kinda foam inserts inside the cushion that's covered with feathers

thank you

Yes, you are clear to have Rene do that for you.

The "CORE" is the cushion insert that goes in the casing.

The "COVER" is the exterior casing made of either leather or fabric.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	casing.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	14448
    Duane Collie

Yes, you are clear to have Rene do that for you.

The "CORE" is the cushion insert that goes in the casing.

The "COVER" is the exterior casing made of either leather or fabric.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	casing.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	14448

Thank you,
    I am still working with them, but may not have an update for a few weeks.

Update:

i finally got my cores. B&Y CS was super helpful and super flexible. Big thumbs up. TY Duane

Great, glad to hear that.

Replacement cores take up a huge amount of our store time, we do about (5) sets per week for customers, or even for people who are not our clients as their dealers ignore them. This is why is SO IMPORTANT to save your paperwork when you buy upholstery. If we don't know the model number, we can't order them, sending pictures doesn't work. If you are not someone who saves receipts, then take the one you get when you buy it, fold it up, and slide it into the zippered casing of your sofa/recliner/chair/sectional. Then when you need the maker and model in ten years, you will have it with the piece. Do not rely on your selling dealer to have a copy or your order / purchase.

Cores are big and heavy. Sofa and sectional cores may come to you via truck line as they exceed UPS and FED EX packaging dimensions. In many cases, you will have to have a business location (such as a UPS Store) to have them shipped to by truck. They do not ship truck to residential deliveries.
    Last edited by drcollie; 05-26-2022 at 11:43 PM.
    Duane Collie

Great, glad to hear that.

Replacement cores take up a huge amount of our store time, we do about (5) sets a day for customers, or even for people who are not our clients as their dealers ignore them. This is why is SO IMPORTANT to save your paperwork when you buy upholstery. If we don't know the model number, we can't order them, sending pictures doesn't work. If you are not someone who saves receipts, then take the one you get when you buy it, fold it up, and slide it into the zippered casing of your sofa/recliner/chair/sectional. Then when you need the maker and model in ten years, you will have it with the piece. Do not rely on your selling dealer to have a copy or your order / purchase.

Cores are big and heavy. Sofa and sectional cores may come to you via truck line as they exceed UPS and FED EX packaging dimensions. In many cases, you will have to have a business location (such as a UPS Store) to have them shipped to by truck. They do not ship truck to residential deliveries.
    yep, i am good with invoices... and yes, it came via freight.. huge box.. but pretty light!