Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: High Point Furniture Market Spring 2022

Default Re: High Point Furniture Market Spring 2022

Quote Originally Posted by sam_g View Post
    We've been living with our Yourway series 1 recliners for a bit now. We really loved the way the Yourway2 prototype sat at the H&M factory, but ultimately think the series 1 was a better choice because of the walkway we needed. The split back though isn't quite as attractive but such are the tradeoffs (and first world problems I recognize).
    I have yet to see a Yourway2 in person but the difference in dimensions between the series 1 and 2 is something I'm looking at closely. Can you speak more to the "walkway" concerns....is this related to the increased depth of the series 2?

Do you have a sofa or a recliner?

Cheers!

We have 3 series 1's. It's not really the depth of the series 2 but rather a difference in the way the chairs recline. With the series 1, the reason there is a split back, is as the chair reclines, the back moves backwards and the feet come up in the front. So when it's fully reclined, you have space taken out of walkways in front and in the back of the chair.

The series 2 is a one shell, when you recline, the entire mechanism moves and slides you forward. The back is fixed and does not move at all. So the full reclining length is taken out of the walkway in front of you. In our case, that would have closed off completely walkways in the front so it didn't work for us.

Though for aesthetics, having a fixed back is a lot more attractive if you have an open area since they can do designs/scalloping like a regular fixed chair. Also, the series 1, depending on the design, will have some elements that are fixed and some that move. So when the chair is reclined there may be some fixed part of the chair sticking up.

Thank you for the insight. I had not considered the change in the extension on the front side....was obsessed with how the chair/sofa would look from the back. I badly want to sit in a series 2 just to feel the difference in seat height and seat depth compared to the series 1. But who knows when any dealer will get a floor model given the supply chain issues in mechanisms.

Cheers!!

The lower seat height of the Your Way 2 means most women, who tend to have shorter legs than men, will prefer it. That drop in seat height makes a difference.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Here's furniture no one buys anymore. The Classics we saw at Kindel / Karges / Councill at the High Point Market. All made in Grand Rapids Michigan. It's expensive, and finely done

Look at these two chairs - same identical chair with two different finishes. I think the painted one was spectacular. And look at his gorgeous Slant Front Bombay style desk. This is a very difficult piece to make and requires a high level of craftsmanship. Beautiful finish on it as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7441.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	14537Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7442.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	14538Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7447.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	14539

This Kindel Double Pedestal Table was wonderfully made, a work of art with a more modern flair

Name:	Kindel table1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	14540Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kindel Table 2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	14541
    Last edited by drcollie; 04-23-2022 at 11:06 AM.
    Duane Collie

A few photos from the Taylor King showroom at Market. End of the day, our phones had very little battery left in them and we were tired, so only a handful here.

This was kind of wild / interesting / far out. A Home Theater setup using chaises and consoles. I anticipate we will get exactly zero orders for this item, but you have to give them credit for imagination. It's built on the Sausalito series sectional components.

Name:	TK1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	14542

This I thought fun, a curve to a conventional sectional adds a little style. TK # 4015-39BL Vesper Sectional in fabric Mila Flannel

Name:	TK2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	14543

Banquettes custom made to your size, the # 2921-2 Harmony series in fabric Newville Linen

Name:	TK3.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	14544

Taylor King also does leather. I found this model to sit very well when I tried it out. Model K1722-HMA Hall Recliner in leather Stargo Lacy

Name:	TK4.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	14545
    Duane Collie