Thread: The Slow Time of the Year

Default The Slow Time of the Year

April / May is always the slowest time of the year for furniture stores, as everyone is anxious to get outside for Spring. We here in the store get a chance to get caught up on price tags, projects that need be doing, deep cleaning the store, fixing computers and installing new software and all that.

It also means that its the PERFECT time to get help with your decorating project, and we have more time now to look at layouts, make suggestions and help you out with planning to work in new pieces into your home. We are even making no charge house calls in the metro DC area to help with decorating.

One big of welcome news too, we have seen a pause in the what seems to be the constant stream of price increases. We had four to five in 2021, and its been pretty quiet on increases since mid-January.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: The Slow Time of the Year

Yes you are right. Many people now are thinking or getting out doors, doing landscaping projects, house repair and maintenance, etc.

So glad I made a large Hancock and Moore order (5 pieces) in early February 2021 just before the first of many price hikes that year. I should have ordered more pieces because in July 2021 I ordered 2 more pieces. By that time the H&M leather I like (Hyde Park) went from Grade 3 to Grade 4, prices had increased at least twice and shipping costs had skyrocketed. My second order is now finally on the truck in North Carolina and should be here in a few weeks. My house is full now. Can't fit any more H&M. What a relief.